Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
overall best backfield in the mountains(qb,rb's,fb)
*Belfry has a very impressive backfield. May is a load and Chapman made a touchdown run aginst SC in the regional finals look easy.
*Sheldon Clark does have a great group of backs in their own right also. Hensley is the glue that holds the team together IMO. He is as tough of a competator as there is. He is not the most gifted athlete but makes plays out of want to. Dials is a hard running back that also plays with a great deal of heart and desire. Kelly is a load and moves alot like Dials. This will be his first season packing the pill alot, but he seems more than up to the task. Slone is a physical FB that will do the little things to help his team win.
*Johnson Central does have some quality backs also. I have heard numerous people say Blake Johnson is as good of a FB as there is in the state. I know Grim is solid. JC always has some hard nosed kids that would just assume run over you as look at you so they would have to be mentioned also.

I think these three teams (In no paticular order) have the best backfield in the mountains, but you could also add some other teams into the mix. If Russell is considered mountains then they definatley deserve a spot up here. Hilton always has good backs at Bell as does Larkey at Rock so putting them on here wouldn't be a huge stretch. There are numerous teams that could have their name mentioned in this discussion, but the 3 I mentioned earlier are the ones I picked.
Messages In This Thread
overall best backfield in the mountains(qb,rb's,fb) - by Matney's Prodigey - 08-22-2006, 04:26 PM