Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 42 Floyd Central 6
(11 hours ago)Blackcat 4 Life Wrote: The Blackcats took care of business and came out injury free. That's all you can ask for in a game that includes a running clock. Floyd Central came out aggressive, as any team would in a rivalry game, but as the game wore on, they just didn't have the horses to run with Prestonsburg. It was a special night in the Burg, not only did father and son coach against each other, Prestonsburg won their 600th game in program history, and Josh Francis's family was recognized.

As far as this week, Prestonsburg travels to Knott County to wrap up district play. This should be another running clock type of game, but at this point in the season you can't overlook anyone. Knott County has improved, but much like this game, they don't have the talent to compete with Prestonsburg for four quarters. I may be wrong, but with a win, the Blackcats will win their first district championship since 2017 and are guaranteed to host the first two rounds of the playoffs.

I will be honest, the Breathitt game is going to be a problem! I hope I am wrong, but after watching the live streamed game against Leslie, they look like the best team we have played all year and it isn't even close. I believe in Hager and our Blackcats, but they better strap it up!
Good post

I think Martin County is similar in talent to Breathitt, but I think Breathitt can throw the ball better and Breathitt's line is better overall than Martin County's. 

Knott Central game should be a running clock based on how Knott has played vs Betsy Layne and Martin County, but like you mentioned, they're much improved over the last few years. Kudos to that staff and that admin to investing into their football program and improving the product that performs on Friday nights.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Prestonsburg 42 Floyd Central 6 - by ROTC - 10-19-2024, 11:56 AM
RE: Prestonsburg 42 Floyd Central 6 - by ROTC - 10-19-2024, 09:19 PM
RE: Prestonsburg 42 Floyd Central 6 - by BlackcatAlum - 3 hours ago