Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
80.00%
Ashland Blazer
20.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Johnson Central at Ashland Blazer 10/25
(11 hours ago)The Source EKy Wrote:
(Yesterday, 09:01 AM)Pulp Fiction Wrote: For those new to the JC vs. Ashland rivalry... here are some memorable game recaps.

In 2005, a JC field goal that hit a branch directly between the uprights and was ruled Wide Right by the only five guys that mattered.  The field goal would have tied the game.... this happened very late in the 4th quarter.  Ashland won 13-10.  This was the start of the JC/Ashland Rivalry.
In a 2006 playoff game, JC recovers a fumble late in the game with the score tied 21-21.  JC would score, get the win and move on the our first Semi-State appearance.
In 2009, JC won on a TD or 2-Pt conversion (I don't remember exactly) very late in the game, as an underclassman made a miraculous pass completion to give JC the win, 29-28.
In 2011, Ashland was able to shut down JJ Jude and get the 22-6 win.  This is the best Ashland has ever contained JC's rushing attack.
In 2012, JC won a 22-21 thriller in OT... this is on my list of the Top 5 best games I've seen in person (and that is a long list).
In 2014, at the state softball tournament, JC hits a home run that gave JC the lead.  After the original homerun call was protested by Ashland's coach, the Umps overturn the homerun and rule it a ground-rule double.  This gave Ashland the win.  The umpires on this crew were send home after this game and a memo/press release was released by the KHSAA.  There were several news outlets that posted the video of the homerun.... the Ashland outfielders knew it was a homerun by their body language.  This is still a sore subject for the JC softball players, fans & parents/guardians that were there that day.  People that hadn't been to a JC football game in years that had a player on that softball team came to the Ashland football game to see JC get some revenge.
In 2015, JC won, 8-7.... but this was probably the most even game between the two since the games became district opponents in 2005.
In 2017, I think JC set a state record for the numbers of fumbles in a game.  Ashland won 21-18.
In 2023, Ashland's quick scoring offense was on full display as JC was using a very depleted backfield... but in the end, JC grinded out a 36-33 win.

In 2006 (1x), 2007, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016 (2x), 2017 (playoffs) & (2018 2x)... all of these games were won by JC in pretty decisive fashion.
IS there a video of the 2005 kick?
I have no idea if a copy of the 05 game has made it this long.....
I watched Matney's copy a few days after it happened, but that was 19 years ago.  There may be a copy in somebody's collection, but your guess is as good as mine who would have it.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnson Central at Ashland Blazer 10/25 - by Pulp Fiction - 8 hours ago