Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 42 Floyd Central 6
Floyd Central’s game plan was clear early, load the box to stop the run. They got into the backfield and defended Prestonsburg’s ground game really well in the first half. But by over committing to the run, Prestonsburg carved them up through the air. It seemed like anytime it was 3rd and long and even 4th down and FC had the drive stopped, Pburg dialed up a pass play and Holbrook delivered some really nice balls. I think Prestonsburg has proven, if you want to over commit to the run, this offense has the ability to air it out and beat you that way as well.

Prestonsburg defensively was pretty great all game. Jags made a few plays, but they had to earn every yard tonight. FC only TD come when half the defense was JV guys.

Overall, I felt like Pburg struggled out of the gate. Even though they hit on some big passes, they just didn’t play to the same level as we’ve seen much of the season. I think it was mostly because they were coming off a bye week, but they played much better in the second half. Intensity was much better. Team needs to get that focus back and get ready to head to Hindman and take care of business next week and bring a district championship back to Prestonsburg for the first time since 2017.

Program win #600 for Prestonsburg and they improve to 8-0 on the season and 2-0 on district play as well.

Congrats Blackcats!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
Messages In This Thread
RE: Prestonsburg 42 Floyd Central 6 - by BlackcatAlum - 10-19-2024, 01:30 AM
RE: Prestonsburg 42 Floyd Central 6 - by ROTC - 10-19-2024, 11:56 AM
RE: Prestonsburg 42 Floyd Central 6 - by ROTC - 10-19-2024, 09:19 PM