Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Breathitt County
63.64%
Leslie County
36.36%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County at Leslie County 10/18
(Yesterday, 02:03 PM)Statebound19 Wrote:
(10-15-2024, 07:10 PM)Buford T Justice Wrote: I say Breathitt 31-24 Breathitt co usually has good middle school teams but they never live up to the hype in high school. It seems like the kids are fully grown and mature and never get any better. I remember last year that Qb they have ran all over Somerset in the middle school play offs. I realize he is a freshman but I don’t think that kid is going to get much bigger he will no doubt get stronger and better but I don’t think he will be a dominant Qb at the high school level. He does not like contact at all. The other kids that are seniors now they were good in middle school but I think their cups were full in 8th grade. These kids mature early and they play really good but when everyone else catches up they are just average players at best. I don’t know if the kids are not putting in the work in the off season or coaches not working with skill players to get that extra step to be difference makers. Breathitt is always gonna have big kids that’s just in the water there but they are missing athletic speedy kids.
People don’t realize the amount kids Breathitt has lost to transfer and kids moving and just no longer play. We don’t live in city like Somerset were u steal kids from other schools. That plays big part !!! Qb Kid a lot tougher u think he weighs 140 lbs soaking wet they don’t want him  contact because kid played with chip bone in his back all year.  Done really good for freshman in my opinion.Kid had heck of season so far u must only seen him one game Actually Somerset does not have one single kid that they have STOLEN from somebody else. Every kid on the team has played through the Somerset feeder program their entire life. Somerset never gets any kids that’s transfer in that are game changers. They may from time to time get somebody from southwestern or Pulaski but none that are difference makers. Somerset has been hurt by the transfer bug way more than they have benefited. I will give you prime example three transfers last year the smith twins and Guy Bailey all went to Corbin. Withe those 3 on the roster Somerset plays for a championship last year. I think what sets Somerset apart from a lot of schools is their youth program, it is second to none in the state. You are just getting ready to see the tree bear fruit. Thr 6,7 and 8th grade classes are going to lead them back to the pro ice land if everybody stays healthy and sticks together. Especially the 8th and 6th grade these two classes are special. The 7th grade just doesn’t have enough to make a team they are a small class but what they do have are really good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Buford T Justice's post:
  • TheRampageRooster