Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County 25 McCreary County 16
(Yesterday, 01:07 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Before sizemore got there, they went 1-9. Now I’m being 100 percent honest here, if sizemore scheduled the same non district games, he would be 1-9 every year as well. This years non district is 4 1A schools, and 1 2A schools. Non of which are competing for their class. In 2016, the last year before sizemore, they played 2 5As, 3 4As, and CORBIN. Tell me clay isn’t 1-5 if they played that exact same schedule.

For those that say sizemore is one of the best coaches in the state, he’s the best scheduler. Never won a playoff game, and they won’t win one this year.

I’ll say Clay isn’t 1-5 with that exact same schedule.

They’ve literally beaten 5A Harlan County multiple years in a row. They can beat both Jessamines, and out scored 5A South Laurel in scrimmage plays just this earlier year. To say those are non-competitive, sure losses isn't being 100% honest. 

If the standard of “great” coaches is going into schools and communities that don’t have a history of postseason success and defeating perennial state powers then there is nobody living up to that standard. Nobody has ever done that consistently anywhere. 
Messages In This Thread
RE: Clay County 25 McCreary County 16 - by Hogsnot - Yesterday, 02:05 PM
RE: Clay County 25 McCreary County 16 - by BTP - Yesterday, 02:16 PM