Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shelby Valley
43.75%
Betsy Layne
56.25%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley at Betsy Layne 10/17
This game is very interesting to me. I do not see Betsy Layne running away by any means unless Shelby valley just turns the ball over a lot. Betsy Layne has played a weaker schedule so record is better but I watched them play Prestonsburg and their line was pretty physical. I thought for the most part Shelby valleys line was getting whipped by Pike Centrals and Brady Johnson made some good plays with his legs either scrambling and hitting a receiver down field or just tucking it and running. I think Betsy Layne is better than Pike Central but I don't think Shelby Valley played well verse central.

Shelby Valley will have to establish the run game with Johnson and that number 9. I think 9 for them is a good back and quick if they can get him a little room to run. And defense is going to have to get some stops. Pike centrals offense without the one kid was terrible and they ran about 4 different plays. This is Valleys weak spot for sure and Betsy Layne can put up points.

Big key to the game in my opinion is Valleys defense vs Betsy Laynes offense. I think Valley will score because they have some good athletes and Johnson can extend plays. But how much can Valleys defense stop Betsy Layne. If they can get a few stops early and get a lead to put some pressure on Betsy Layne I think would be huge. But it is going to be a tall task.

Good luck to both teams and I think this is going to be an exciting game so don't put too much stock into each teams records here.
Messages In This Thread