Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shelby Valley
43.75%
Betsy Layne
56.25%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley at Betsy Layne 10/17
(10-13-2024, 09:18 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: This is Betsy Layne's biggest game they've probably ever hosted to this point. You win this game, you're in the drivers seat to win your first ever district championship in program history and you'll get the opportunity to host two playoff games for the first time ever as well.  A lot is on the line for the Bobcats in this one.

A lot of the same is on the line for Shelby Valley also. The Wildcats have played a tough schedule and they've put up some really good numbers, but they're a much different SV team compared the Russ Osborne years and even before that. The Wildcats throw the ball a lot. It's a air raid offense, so they love screens, short passes, and they love throwing to Stamper over the middle. They're not nearly as good running the ball as they have been in years past. The QB Johnson is their leading rusher.

I think it'll be a really fun football game to watch, but as of right now I'm leaning Betsy Layne. They'll have that place rocking Friday night, Jarrell is going to be aggressive with his play calling on both sides of the ball, and his team is going to be physical. I'd say it'll be a back and forth game, but I think BL wins, 36-30.

I agree 100%.  Great post, BlackcatAlum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
Messages In This Thread