Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Carolina 31 University of Kentucky 6
I'm a little late to the party on posting this, nearly a week and a half but better late than never.

I was at this game unfortunately, me and my dad took my boys, man I hyped it up so much for them. They've been to a UK game before, but we played a cupcake, I told them this will be 100% different, primetime SEC game, Commonwealth will be rocking, I was pretty much rocking them to sleep by the 2nd qtr! I've been to a lot of Kentucky football games in my life, that was one of the worst performances I've ever witnessed. Offensive line got punished from the opening kickoff, Vandagriff didn't have any time, but he sure didn't help himself with the little time he did have, just made terrible decisions.

Just like the Georgia game, had a chance to get into the end zone before half which would've tied it at 10. Again, Stoops played it safe, kicked a FG and went in down 10-6.

The final straw for me was Kentucky possession in the 3rd, had it deep in our own territory, get back to back holding penalties, pushing it way back to 3rd&18 on about the 2 or 3 yard line, Vandagriff throws a screen pass about 10 feet over the receivers head, that's when er decided to leave with about half the stadium, along with a chorus of booooooos.

Walking from the stadium to the truck, SC scored two more times to finish em off 31-6. Now obviously the effort & energy changed from this game to the Georgia game, but the South Carolina game will always stick out as one of the biggest atrocities of the Stoops era.
Messages In This Thread
RE: South Carolina 31 University of Kentucky 6 - by -STAT- - 09-18-2024, 10:28 AM