Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
60 Days Til Football ... 42 Year Drought for My Hounds... Will This Be the Year ???
(07-08-2024, 10:32 AM)Hatz Wrote:
(07-07-2024, 07:30 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [Image: https://image.spreadshirtmedia.com/image...-shirt.jpg]

Less than 7 weeks remaining until football season. Can you believe it?   Speaking of 47...  forty-seven years ago , Corbin finished the season as state runner-up to Mayfield. The Cards squeaked by the Hounds 14-13 at Hanger Field in Richmond, as Corbin's Roy Taylor was stopped just short of the goal line on a two-point conversion to preserve Mayfield's one-pt. win. It was their first state title. Btw, the call was kinda controversial. Ronnie Watkins had been running out of his mind all day for the Hounds. Everybody in Richmond that day  thought #23 was gonna get the ball. However, Archie Powers has other ideas. Freshman fullback Roy Taylor got the ball and was stopped about 6 inches from glory.

From the way back archives, here's a big run by Jeff Jackson that put Mayfield ahead in the third quarter.

https://fb.watch/taPyp3PQXW/

1977 Hounds were one of the best teams I saw on the field.  Very strong.  Very strong.
The 2022 Hounds would have beat the 1977 Hounds 10 out of 10 attempts and the score wouldn’t be close in either game..The 2021 Hounds would have beat the 1977 Hounds also 10 out of 10 attempts also..The most talented Corbin Football teams ever in program history are 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. Yes I said what I said, Greer had the most talented players in Redhound history and got one state Runnerup…ironic that Justin Haddix QB at Breathitt County beats Corbin his senior year at State Championship 52-0, then goes on to win four state championships in a row as a Head Coach at Boyle County. No wonder Steve Jewell didn’t care for Haddix because Haddix got a ring beating Corbin in state championship against Jewell. Then nearly 20 years later Corbin fires Steve Jewell and hires Haddix to replace him..Boyle goes undefeated this season and wins five state championships in a row.. someone listening to the wrong people in my opinion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cowboy42's post:
  • HighViz
Messages In This Thread
RE: 60 Days Til Football ... 42 Year Drought for My Hounds... Will This Be the Year ??? - by Cowboy42 - 07-08-2024, 11:35 AM