Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
60 Days Til Football ... 42 Year Drought for My Hounds... Will This Be the Year ???
We are exactly 60 days from the start of the regular season. For the first time in four years the Hounds will begin the season under a new head coach. Luke Salmons takes over for Tommy Greer, who posted a 46-5 record over his four seasons at the helm of the Hounds. Salmons, who had a successful tenure at Cabell Midland in West Virginia, will look to lead the Hounds to their first title in 42  years. That's a long, long time. 

Corbin last won a state title in 1982. Tommy Greer was a member of that state championship team. Old School was a young college student.  The Gipper was in the White House. Men at Work was being played on the radio. There was no internet yet. 

Will this be the year Corbin breaks through?  Most people have the Hounds anywhere from third to sixth among the 4A contenders? Does Salmons, the old Thundering Herd offensive lineman,  have some magic in his bag of tricks?  Will Corbin meet Boyle again deep in the playoffs and will they get them at Campbell Field this year? Lots of questions, few answers at this point. 

One thing that's not in question, 42 years is at least a half a lifetime. That's longer than many of our members have been alive. Along with some Corbin discussion , I'll remind you over the next 60 days ,  with the help of song,   just how long 42 years is. Think of it this way. If you count back 42 years from the last Redhound state title, you arrive at the year 1940.   Count forward 42 years from today and you arrive at the year 2066.  It's time to put an end to this madness!!!!   Will Salmons be the guy to do it?

I'll start with a long distance dedication to my old childhood chum, Tommy" Tom Turkey" Greer.  This song debuted in 1982.  It's a perfect dedication to ol' Tom . More coming over the next 60 days. I'll be counting down the days in this thread.  60 days to go!!!

Good luck in your post-Corbin life, Tom : 

Messages In This Thread
60 Days Til Football ... 42 Year Drought for My Hounds... Will This Be the Year ??? - by Old School Hound - 06-24-2024, 11:20 PM