Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Boyle County, Corbin, Paducah Tillghman, Franklin County
Still can’t sleep on CovCath either. They’re always tough regardless of what they lose. A few calls or moves across the big creek and they can stockpile enough talent to give Boyle all they want if not more.

PT has Carter and many more talented players but can they all put it together? We will see.

Corbin and Johnson Central are wild cards. On a given year they can be as good as anyone at this level. We will see how good Salmons is, how he plays the kids, what kids move in, the style he plays, etc. I don’t expect Corbin to be close to last year but will always be solid.

Johnson Central has traditionally been really good but whether fair or not, they have dropped off a bit since Coach Matney’s tragic passing. I wish them the absolute best but it’s so hard to replace someone who did as well as Coach Matney.

Franklin County is always good but it just depends on what rolls through the halls of FCHS. You can’t say they’ve underachieved because Boyle and Corbin have had the top spots on lock the past few years with unprecedented talent. In a regular year, Franklin County could be a contender. Just not sure they’re going to get the opportunity to break through. This year 2-6 is much closer than it has been whereas it’s been 3-6 in recent years.

I forsee 5 in a row for Justin and don’t think it’ll be that close in all honesty. In 2022, I think Boyle wins 6 or 7 out of 10 vs Corbin. In 2023, I think Corbin would’ve won 6 or 7 out of 10 vs Boyle. Where the games are played matter and you have to deal with how that shakes out. Boyle won both when it mattered so that’s ball. This year I still see Boyle on a different level regardless of what field the game is played against anyone in 4A.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Boyle County, Corbin, Paducah Tillghman, Franklin County - by Corbin - 06-19-2024, 10:46 PM