Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024-2025 Kentucky Roster Construction
It would have been nice to have Lanier, but don't know that losing him is the end of the world.

Thought he was the most risky of the trio of he, Jaxson Robinson, and Wooga Poplar.

Less than ideal size for a Power 5 two, there are questions about the quality of competition at North Florida, and he had a huge jump in numbers when comparing last season to the rest of his career.

He may have a higher ceiling than Poplar, but think that Poplar has a higher floor.

Still haven't read anything that changes my mind about NIL money being a dealbreaker for Poplar. See him as a "break glass in case of emergency" type if we whiff on other fronts.

Robinson has until the end of the day tomorrow (5/29) to withdraw his name from the draft. If he pulls out, I will be shocked if he goes anywhere other than Kentucky.

Regardless, I think the staff pushes all their chips in on a high school reclassification and tries to land a difference maker with their 13th spot. Probably no secret that Will Riley would seem to be the most obvious target at this stage.

Landing a blue-chipper that Pope was able to convince to reclass would be huge for recruiting momentum going forward, especially with Robinson looking like an early second round draft pick at best.
Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024-2025 Kentucky Roster Construction - by Cactus Jack - 05-28-2024, 01:37 PM