Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin discussion
(05-16-2024, 12:20 PM)Son of the Alamo Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 07:52 PM)BEChargers Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 11:52 AM)Son of the Alamo Wrote: RPI, I think the key difference has been the last two seasons is that the only team that they have beat to get a ring is a team that is built more like a 6A team than a 4A team that is pulling in top talent of Central Kentucky and deep pockets backing it along with a good local core of kids with a good coach too. Corbin is giving these guys a game until the final minutes with mainly a bunch of tri-county kids from SE KY. last year was a exception with the transfer of the Smith twins that helped beef up the defense only. my personal opinion is they would be wearing rings if it wasn't for the RPI issues last year that made them play at Boyle. if that was played at Campbell or at Kroger Field I feel strongly the outcome would be different. I think Boyle had a huge advantage playing that game on their home field, hence the old saying "home field advantage".  I think you keep fighting until Haddix makes his departure after probably this season and then its more wide open in 4A and teams wouldn't have to rely as much on transfers to compete with Boyle. if there is anything that needs fixed it would to be in the short term to maybe play the RPI game better to try and set up home playoff series. my two cents....

What deep pockets are you ref
[quote pid="2454125" dateline="1715813543"]
Waitaminuteerring to?  and what are the deep pockets supposed to do for you?
let me counter with this with questions of my own. How long have you had turf? has it been replaced recently because of age or to just to update? and when did Corbin and other 4A teams they compete with get turf? and was the original turf paid for with grants like the schools that recently got it? honest question. 

[quote pid="2454174" dateline="1715860338"]
(05-15-2024, 11:52 AM)Son of the Alamo Wrote: RPI, I think the key difference has been the last two seasons is that the only team that they have beat to get a ring is a team that is built more like a 6A team than a 4A team that is pulling in top talent of Central Kentucky and deep pockets backing it along with a good local core of kids with a good coach too. Corbin is giving these guys a game until the final minutes with mainly a bunch of tri-county kids from SE KY. last year was a exception with the transfer of the Smith twins that helped beef up the defense only. my personal opinion is they would be wearing rings if it wasn't for the RPI issues last year that made them play at Boyle. if that was played at Campbell or at Kroger Field I feel strongly the outcome would be different. I think Boyle had a huge advantage playing that game on their home field, hence the old saying "home field advantage".  I think you keep fighting until Haddix makes his departure after probably this season and then its more wide open in 4A and teams wouldn't have to rely as much on transfers to compete with Boyle. if there is anything that needs fixed it would to be in the short term to maybe play the RPI game better to try and set up home playoff series. my two cents....

1. Deep pockets is a wild statement after buying two ESPN top 300 players. buying? now that is also a wild statement.  

2. "Tri-County kids from SE KY". yup that's what I said. Tri-county (Whitley, Knox and Laurel Counties) I honestly feel sorry for first responders in the area for how much of a Hodge Podge these counties are in the Corbin area.
2021: Seth Mills not from Corbin. Seth Huff not from Corbin. Brody Wells not from Corbin. Brandon Baker not from Corbin. Joe Brown not from Corbin. Tri- County?
2022: Brody Wells not from Corbin. Marc Warren went to multiple HS's (sounds like more of a personal journey to find a home). Israel Summers not from Corbin. Peyton Jordan not from Corbin. Nashawn Brooks not from Corbin. tri-county also? 
2023: Guy Bailey not from Corbin. Jacob Smith not from Corbin. Jerod Smith not from Corbin. Congratulations! these guys moved from Somerset area, not tri-county. but see below.  

Those are just the skill kids and the kids that came during high school, not to mention the kids who came in middle school and the lineman. You have to quit the narrative of Corbin just gets it done with the good ole boys from Corbin! where did I say that? I said "tri-county" kids and also even made the side point that the Smith twins were a exception.  (Red above)

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, Boyle had turf sooner than some but later than others.  What did that do for them to make them more successful? You think the turf made them better than surrounding teams because they played on turf?  Lex Cath has had turf for as long as I can remember.  At least 30 years.  They have 2 state titles with players from several counties.  

Quisenberry and the transfers from Danville have made them formidable, especially the last two seasons.  But they were winning state titles with homegrown Boyle kids for several years before they started getting players from any surrounding counties.  When Boyle beat Bell County in the semi's in 2010 the QB Club had about 250.00 in the bank and we needed 2400 for two charter busses to Bowling Green and another 1000 to feed the team on the way to BG.  I personally sold seat sponsorships for every seat in both busses to pay for them.  Then we had two different business owners give us 500.00 each to pay for the meal.  We won the game with about 50 bucks in the bank and raised around 36K to buy state rings 4 months later.  I worked Bingo for 7 years to help support the QB club.  I'm not trying be a smart ass, I'm just a lot of people do a lot of fundraising and have for decades to pay for what the team needs.
[-] The following 4 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz, Jack Lambert, Rebel55
Messages In This Thread
Corbin discussion - by FCSPY - 05-15-2024, 11:14 AM
RE: Fantasy farm... aka Corbin.... - by fansville - 05-15-2024, 08:42 PM
RE: Fantasy farm... aka Corbin.... - by BEChargers - 05-16-2024, 05:55 PM
RE: Fantasy farm... aka Corbin.... - by FCSPY - 05-15-2024, 12:11 PM
RE: Fantasy farm... aka Corbin.... - by Spud6 - 05-15-2024, 12:15 PM
RE: Fantasy farm... aka Corbin.... - by FCSPY - 05-15-2024, 02:46 PM
RE: Fantasy farm... aka Corbin.... - by Rebel55 - 05-15-2024, 09:49 PM
RE: Fantasy farm... aka Corbin.... - by FCSPY - 05-15-2024, 03:05 PM
RE: Fantasy farm... aka Corbin.... - by FCSPY - 05-15-2024, 03:26 PM