Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justin Haddix is not going back to Corbin.
(05-12-2024, 11:12 AM)HighViz Wrote: Back to the thread title.  Who is on the shortlist for the Redhounds.  Justin ain’t coming back to play with Cox and Jewell.  He has a great chance to go 5 for 5 at Boyle.  While doing so, we won’t have to mow the field, turn on sprinklers, beg for assistant coaches of his choosing, chrome helmets, uniform colors, and his boom box.

I don't think any head coach of a successful program will leave with just a few weeks before things get moving this late in the season.  Honestly, be crazy to do so. But for Corbin unless they have someone ready to just come in, they need to look at the current staff. Bart Elam would be my first choice because he has already been calling the offense somewhat and now with free reign on play calling, he should be able to go a little pass heavy. Some have mentioned Mouser, Heck really don't matter who is at the top right now, the current staff has enough pieces to win the winnable games this year with no problems in my opinion. I personally would have to consider Chuck Davis at the D Coordinator. The dude knows his stuff. Thats no shade towards anyone else on the staff. But this late in the game, I think Corbin is smarter to just add a few to the staff and move some current staff up the totem pole. Then most likely if another head coach is in the works for down the road, they can start the process after this current season and then probably be in a better position to snag a coach. Heck, I would put in for the job but I am a no-nonsense type of guy and I don't play politics well. I would tell the ones who didn't like what I wanted to do to go take a hike and I would be looking to win a title and not please a few parents. My first order would be to rid any and all me, me, mes and it would be team ball first and the athlete be willing to play whatever position and both sides of the ball to succeed as a program. Be no promises of playing time, no matter if your dad or moms boyfriend was the main booster or friends of the main cats. Then it would be fun, fun, fun for the kids to a point that if they wanted to listen to music or wanted Chrome helmets then thats what its got to be, I don't care if they wanted to wear blue, if it got my boys to win, then we would put blue numbers on the shirts. But seriously, Thats what Corbin needs is one of these Johnny Hines to come in and tell it like it is and then if they don't like it, you can hit the road jack.. Smile I just aint a fan of a politician type coach. I hate lip service. You know, the more I think of it, John Hines may be who they need to go after, he is just about walking distance from Corbin right now, can flat out coach and with the talent that Corbin has, John would waste no time trying to win. John won't deal with bull crap. Big John... Smile

[Image: https://media2.giphy.com/media/l41YkFIiB.../giphy.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: Justin Haddix is not going back to Corbin. - by Bull got out! - 05-12-2024, 11:40 AM