Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Harlan County coach stepped down
I was told they contacted Elgie about coming back but he declined. Honestly its not a very attractive job at this point in my opinion. The cupboard is pretty bare for talent(yes I know others think otherwise lol). And yes Debbie done a great job there
[/quote]

Who is "they?"
I'd be surprised if it was the principal or AD.
Nothing against Elgie. He did a good job at Pineville this year and was great to work with at HC earlier.

(05-06-2024, 01:42 PM)GotYouInMyScope Wrote:
(05-06-2024, 01:27 PM)shottaker23 Wrote:
(05-06-2024, 12:41 PM)GotYouInMyScope Wrote:
(05-06-2024, 11:56 AM)shottaker23 Wrote: I agree.  Very little action on that job. I'm sticking by my earlier comments about their being little interest and that is primarily because their is very little talent left for several years although someone mentioned the past this job is about the present and future. And from what I've seen its pretty bleak for the next 3 to 4 years. If their was a qualified candidate they would have already Hired them.

Doesn't matter if a qualified candidate applied or not. I was told by a Harlan City employee that they heard it straight from the AD himself that they would hire from within.
Cate Mitchell has been hired on a "interim" basis. So basically a band aid until a qualified candidate appears

I know two people who are qualified both have been high school head coaches and one came highly recommended by several people that applied for that job. I think this is the band aid but it will be a band aid that won't be ripped off anytime soon and she will be "promoted" after the summer. Another example of Harlan County not giving a piss about their girls program. Lol 

Ole how the Debbie Green days will be cherished.

You have people applying for a job recommending other candidates?
[/quote]

Let me reword that. One of the people that applied has several high school and college coaches send in recommendation letters on their behalf. The other person had coach for the past 5 seasons in another region. 

I’m not driving now so a tad easier to typeSmile
Messages In This Thread
Harlan County coach stepped down - by hchs fan - 04-12-2024, 03:33 PM
RE: Harlan County coach stepped down - by HCS - 04-25-2024, 05:23 PM
RE: Harlan County coach stepped down - by HCS - 04-26-2024, 07:18 PM
RE: Harlan County coach stepped down - by HCS - 04-26-2024, 08:35 PM
RE: Harlan County coach stepped down - by HCS - 04-30-2024, 05:50 PM
RE: Harlan County coach stepped down - by HCS - 04-30-2024, 08:45 PM
RE: Harlan County coach stepped down - by HCS - 05-06-2024, 05:25 PM
RE: Harlan County coach stepped down - by GotYouInMyScope - 05-06-2024, 09:24 PM