Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Names Mark Pope New Head Coach
(04-15-2024, 03:04 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(04-14-2024, 07:56 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: The one thing that I didn't like was Coach P's fawning all over the slimeball AD. I thought they were gonna have to get a room.

I'm just glad Pastor Drew decided to stay in town with the Branch Davidians. Talk about a snoozefest if Drew had gotten off that bus today. At least Mark has a personality.  I hope the nutty fanbase doesn't eat him alive like it would have Pastor Drew.

I'm a big Jeffereson Starship fan. I liked the "Find Your Way Back" touch.  "Winds of Change" would work, as well.

(04-14-2024, 06:50 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Well, I'm VERY impressed with Pope's first media pressor!!
Rupp was packed, and with an estimated 5,000 waiting outside.  Looks like he's going to begin with a lot of support.

BBN will be behind him big time...UNTIL  the first loss. Then they'll be calling him "ass."   Impossible to please these nuts. When the Cats slide to 13-9 and fall by 16 to Nate's Tide,  the bigots will come out of the woodwork. I hope Mark is a big enough man to handle this dysfunctional fanbase.

He loves this fanbase..

Yes, but the fanbase will only love him as long as he wins.  Lose and it will get nasty. It got so nasty with Tubby and the racial slurs and threats that he had to get out of Dodge in a hurry. It was getting really bad with Cal. Ellen was gonna be attacked by someone with a hammer if he had stayed much longer. If he wins lots of titles, Mark will be fine. If he loses 12 to 15 games a year with no titles, he and his Mormon family will face an angry mob of BBN nuts. Let's hope it doesn't it like it did for Mark's hero, Joseph Smith , in Carthage, Illinois in 1844.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Kentucky Names Mark Pope New Head Coach - by Old School Hound - 04-15-2024, 06:12 PM