Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iowa 71 UConn 69 (Women's Final Four)
(04-06-2024, 11:48 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: UCONN absolutely didn't get screwed. The call was clearly the right one. I do not understand people that say you don't make a call, even an obvious correct call, in the final few seconds of a game. That's a foul at the 19:40 mark of the first half and it's a foul  with 3.9 seconds remaining. A clear forearm on the pick by #3.

The only thing that would have made the outcome even better was if Geno had collapsed to the floor , weeping and wailing in tears of agony.

I don't think it was a foul. Even if it was, it didn't get her open or cause UConn to gain an advantage and I think you don't call it at that point in the game.

I get what you are saying about "a foul is a foul", but refs call tighter early on to set the tone and they'll also call really tight after a skirmish to reestablish control.

Or the 50/50 where an offensive post player looks like they go over the back and the ball is tipped out last off the defender but the ref gives the defensive team the ball instead of making a 50/50 call that tags a star with a huge foul. Same for "missing" a walk when someone has come down with a rebound and gets bumped.

Those things all happen. I don't think she fouled and even if so, you can't make that call at that point in the game.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Iowa 71 UConn 69 (Women's Final Four) - by Cactus Jack - 04-06-2024, 03:18 PM