Poll: Should Calipari be fired tonight?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
75.00%
No
25.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let’s revisit from 6 years ago. Should Calipari be fired tonight?
(03-22-2024, 12:50 AM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: I’d be okay with hiring anyone, hell, tom crean if it meant getting cal out of Lexington so we can recover.

We’d already be back in the thick of things if we’d done that 6 years ago.

I think the next hire needs to be one of two things.

A home run.

Or

A placemat to build back up the coffers.

Either way he needs to be fired on the tarmac tonight. Let him go recruit his g league rejects somewhere else or save face and step into his retirement role. I don’t care either way as long as he’s off the sideline.

The dream hire is Brad Stevens. Always has been. He turned down Indiana for 10 mil a year to stay in the front office with the Celtics. You’d have to give him a contract of 12 mil a year for 10 years guaranteed or something in that neighborhood.

I’m not impressed with any other coach we could get in the college game at this time. You don’t bring in Hurley. We don’t need a duke guy. Drew, Oats, Pearl, Bears, etc are all the same guys. Not good enough for here. So you go cheap and recover. Take a chance on someone young that won’t cost much and if it works out great and if it don’t fire him once the moneys there to get whatever you want.

Also take some of stoops money if you have too. Ain’t like that program is winning more than 7 games anytime in the next 30 years with the new alignment.

In summary, figure out the cal situation tonight. If your Capulto grow some nuts and fire Barnhart with him.

Keep dreaming, big boy. Cal's salary goes up to around 9 million next  year. Capilouto loves Cal. The HOF'er is going nowhere. And when he does retire, there is a clause in his contract in which he agreed to "promise" to stay on as an ambassador for the university. That's a fact. UK wanted Cal to end his coaching here so bad that they made him promise to be an ambassador whenever he did decide to retire. So , Cal's going nowhere. Capilouto and any sane person knows it wasn't Cal's fault that Reed and  Wagner couldn't stick their fingers in their asses.

(03-22-2024, 12:01 AM)rookie57 Wrote: It’s time for all the rose colored glasses fans to give up, if this was buisness, FAILING 5 straight years, the CEO WOULD BE FIRED. Pay the POS 30 million or whatever, and let the equipment manager coach! Sheeez, I’m so sick of this shit

I love you, rook, but just how did Cal lose this game?  No one has attempted to answer that question(because they can't!).

(03-21-2024, 11:51 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^I get all that but couldn't have been worse than what we got...not to mention saving $$MILLONS.

Why save when you can spend? As a progressive , I love spending your money.

(03-22-2024, 01:07 AM)Jarons Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 12:56 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 10:43 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: Let’s hear it. 
I said it 6 years ago. 
Only titles matter here and that garbage coach won’t sniff another one. 
Let’s a D2 transfer put up 30.

So now we’ve wasted another 6 years and another 100 million since his last title and this is the result you get. A bunch of charmin soft freshmen and a coach that could care less.

Nothing makes you happier than a night like tonight. Enjoy it , because we have some very talented kids coming in to replace those who couldn't get it done. The Legend simply reloads!!!

Legends have more than 1 national championship and no vacated final 4s.

You mean, like Baron Von Blackisbahd?
Messages In This Thread
RE: Let’s revisit from 6 years ago. Should Calipari be fired tonight? - by Old School Hound - 03-22-2024, 01:25 AM