Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 91 Mississippi State 89
(03-02-2024, 11:20 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 04:06 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 02:05 PM)jetpilot Wrote: OMG I FORGOT ABOUT SISTER CINDY!!!! I am crying here! That made my day lol...I started out at Kirwan II, moved up to Kirwan Tower, then year in frat house (highly unproductive to say the least) then went on to apartment life. It's unreal, I park in the same area as you so I can make that same walk.

I know off topic here but true Jed Smock story. Standing there with a great Pikeville buddy (RIP) listening to Jed and laughing our a$$es off, Jed is screaming that all the whores at UK have put all the prostitutes in Lexington out of business. By now everyone is already crying laughing. He screams that the dorms were even condoning it (UK had just gone co-ed in some dorms). Jed screams a guy and girl in a dorm room, what are they doing? People laughing and playing along. Someone yells "STUDYING!!!". Jed screams "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!". Somebody yells "EATING PIZZA!!!". Jed screams "NOOOOOOOO!!!!!". My buddy screams "FOR-NI-CA-TING!!!" Jed wheels around, points right at us and screams "YOU GOT ITTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!". The whole crowd exploded, just broke up. Thanks a lot Van, I'm sad now lol. Looks like a 2 hour, 4 pint lunch at Wild Wings. Damn what great times.

"Sister" Cindy and "Brother" Jed were must see entertainment on the campus of EKU in the early '80s when I was there matriculating. I spent many, many hours being entertained by them. They were not married when I saw them on campus. Not sure what year they became husband and wife. As looney as they were, I think they really believed in what they were doing. I remember seeing them on the Sally Jesse Raphael Show. Sally got mad that they kept insulting her audience. She told them they would never be invited back. Jed and Cindy's message was similar in content and delivery to the crazies out in Topeka, Kansas.

I believe Jed and Cindy did more good for the world than almost anyone I can think of. They single-handedly turned more impressionable , young college kids into rational thinking atheists than anyone else in the country, before or since. They were more effective in that regard than any college professor I ever had.  Thank you, J & C. 

Sadly, Brother Jed passed away a couple of years ago.

Preposterous to think they converted anyone to believe that there was nothing in the beginning and then it blew up and if you put a bunch of monkeys in a building full of typewriters with an infinite time frame, eventually they would be typing out Shakespeare play manuscripts. Also no professor anywhere was teaching atheism in the 1980s. I never encountered a second of of it or heard a word about it. It would have been a huge thing. More false red herrings. On to Arkansas, go Cats!

Seth nailed it!

Messages In This Thread
Kentucky 91 Mississippi State 89 - by 16BBall Fan - 02-27-2024, 11:17 PM
RE: Kentucky 91 Mississippi State 89 - by MFL57 - 02-28-2024, 04:10 PM
RE: Kentucky 91 Mississippi State 89 - by Old School Hound - 03-05-2024, 07:43 PM
RE: Kentucky 91 Mississippi State 89 - by pjdoug - 03-05-2024, 06:29 PM