Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
KHSAA Realignment plan for 2025-2026 season
(02-24-2024, 03:08 PM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote:
(02-24-2024, 12:52 AM)BEChargers Wrote:
(02-22-2024, 05:10 PM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote:
(02-20-2024, 10:38 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote: Belfry moving back down to 2A after 18 year run in 3A.  Not surprised. Enrollment is way down.  Will definitely set up some interesting potential matchups.
Belfry has chose to play up for most of those years. Mostly because 3A football since the late 2000s has been week and wide open with the exception of Central for a few years, and 2A football has been very competitive during that span.  Moving from 3a to 2a will hurt the Pirates chances at another championship anytime in the near future IMO.

Also RIP to the 4a District 5. Harrison, Grant, Mason and Holmes would have been a competitive District.  Making that a 6 team district with Highlands and Cov Cath makes it a tough year for those 4. On a side note, if I'm Cov Cath or highlands I would request to play up to avoid having to go through Boyle to win a championship every year.

Pretty sure you can no longer request to play up.  I believe they passed that last spring.
Well they played up this past august.
Belfry didn’t play up this past season.  They played under the assigned realignment for the past two years.  You can’t change in the middle of the assignment period other than to drop out of district play.   The enrollment number pre-Covid were used for the most recent and current classification.  The next one is coming in 2025.  So No….they didn’t “play up”.  They played where there we assigned based on 2020 enrollment.  Move on.
Messages In This Thread
RE: KHSAA Realignment plan for 2025-2026 season - by OutlawJoseyWales - 02-24-2024, 04:01 PM