Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County 79 Perry County Central 64
(01-06-2024, 01:50 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote:
(01-06-2024, 12:55 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Not excuses just thoughts from an outsider.

1. Perry played 3 games in 4 days one of which being the future 14th champion Hazard bulldogs, Breathitt had a 6 day layoff.

2. Breathitt now has 2 wins over teams that are .500, and none over .500. Is perry good, yes, but they are 8-8.

3. Perry can’t guard, Watching clips and peaking on a stream here and there, looks like breathitt could drive anytime they wanted too. That’s been a thing all year for perry. Breathitt won’t get that easy lane drives against hazard.

Hazard and Breathitt are 15 pts ahead of every team in the region.
I think these are poor excuses. We are talking about 15-19 year olds they should be able to play games every night. The high school game is only 32 mins long. I think if a team sits for 6 days without a game would hurt them more than playing 3 nights in a row. Just my opinion. Perry looked like Swiss cheese. They better hit the fundamentals and play some defense if they want a shot at the regions. Def breathitt and hazards to lose at this point. Looking forward to the All A

I don't know that it's so much that your kids can't physically handle it, but moreso that you have to prepare them for and guide them against three separate opponents. That can be a tough thing, especially when you have whatever else is going on externally to deal with as well.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Breathitt County 79 Perry County Central 64 - by Cactus Jack - 01-06-2024, 02:25 AM