Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central @ Knott County Central WYMT 12-5-23
(12-06-2023, 11:57 AM)The Weatherman Wrote: This game was a head scratcher.  I'm not trying to take away anything from Letcher, but Knott is the better team.  However, their coaching plan and the player's decision making (ultimately the coaches) was not good.  First of all, Letcher played with more effort.  Coach Huff clapped harder at times than what his players were giving effort.  Knott had the commanding lead and fell apart in the 4th by taking bad shots, quick shots, playing one on one, and turning it over.  Also, Letcher rebounded well on the offensive end in the 4th providing some points to the total.  Coach Huff is trying to allow his team some freedom, but too much freedom will result in a loss like last night.  A bad showing in the tournament that you host is never good.  Knott has to perform if they are going to live up to the hype.  Otherwise those lugs in Jackson will never get to meet them in the region.

I just never put any stock in these consolation games at WYMT.
The players don't want to be there and no one even wants to watch.
Not saying I'm down on Letcher or I think Knott is a ton better, but I just think we will see a different product on the floor when these teams play in the regular season and post season.