Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JACOB SAYLOR SELECTED TO LEAD HCHS BLACK BEAR FOOTBALL PROGRAM
(11-28-2023, 03:43 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: What’s wrong with hiring someone that actually wants to be there in Harlan County?  Hire an outsider, they will stay a year or two then leave.  Harlan can win with local coaches if they play the best and put the work in.
If this local coach was worth it, and cared about the success of the program, why wasn’t he on the staff if he was already working at the high school? Like I can fathom (but don’t like) hiring a guy who’s never been a head coach, or hasn’t coached in a while (13 years i think but i don’t know for sure), but being in the school and not coaching is the line. I don’t think you’re gonna find success with those three things combined. 

Plus, the local coaches have never won. It takes a larkey coming in again (of that caliber) that has complete control of everyone to be good. Ask anyone on this site if playing to politics and the buddy system is gonna fill a trophy case.
Messages In This Thread
RE: JACOB SAYLOR SELECTED TO LEAD HCHS BLACK BEAR FOOTBALL PROGRAM - by Gridiron_Raid - 11-28-2023, 03:52 PM