Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mayfield
74.29%
Owensboro Catholic
25.71%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs Owensboro Catholic (2A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP) 12/1 - 4PM
(11-27-2023, 12:54 PM)Ace in the Hole Wrote: Owensboro Catholic plays with kids in their system.  The two starting guards are kids they rercuited form the band (kid plays the drums in the OC band) and the tennis team (1st year playing football).  Owensboro Catholic has no 5th year players.  How many kids did LCA have on the team that did not come through their system.  I know the Boley and Hensley didn't.  How many 5th year players does Mayfield have? I've heard that  Cartwright and Starks are both 5th year kids.  How many other kids on Mayfields team are 5th year players? And didn't Biggers grow up in the Murray system?
Private School on Private School crime! Also, Private School vs. Public virtue signaling... I have now seen it all LOL.

This is the best and most complete OCath team I have ever personally followed and they have had some really good teams. Atwell is a stone cold killer and they have four receivers who fit their system perfectly. 

If OCath is going to finally be the bride instead of the bridesmaid this is the core that will get it done for them. The bad news is... I think Mayfield may be a little too good this year. OCath plays hard but Mayfield is going to give them a lot of issues at the LOS on both sides of the ball and has enough athleticism in the secondary to take away some of the open looks OCath is accustomed to.

The good news is, this OCath team is going to be a force of nature next season.

This one could end up being the best game of the weekend:
Mayfield 33
OCath 28
[-] The following 1 user Likes EKUAlum05's post:
  • Ace in the Hole
Messages In This Thread
RE: Mayfield vs Owensboro Catholic (2A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP) 12/1 - 4PM - by EKUAlum05 - 11-27-2023, 03:02 PM