Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
An Open Letter to Corbin Redhound Players, Coaches & Fans
(11-25-2023, 10:34 AM)jamesdeane Wrote:
(11-24-2023, 05:28 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I know what you're thinking--- Another bat sh!t crazy Corbin thread by a bat sh#t crazy Old Hound.  The doc has upped my anti-psychotic meds so I'm good to go, completely in tip top cognitive form.  

Dear Corbin(players, coaches, & fans) :

The last two seasons have not ended the way we all hoped but it has been a fun ride. I have enjoyed the heck out of the past two seasons. Our kids have performed wonderfully, with hard-nosed, entertaining football. I have had as much fun watching Corbin football the last two seasons as any in recent memory. The kids have flat balled out. A 26-2 record and a state ranking near the top of the polls for the majority of those weeks. I truly feel like that Corbin was the best 4A football team the past two years , and in 2023, I felt like they were the best team in Kentucky high school football, regardless of class. Congratulations to all the players who made 2022 and 2023 so memorable. You kids are champions, as far as Old School is concerned.  Congrats to Coach Greer and staff on keeping the kids playing hard up until the very end. Literally, just 13 points from likely two consecutive undefeated seasons. There was a lot of good things done the past two years.

Having said all of that, let me implore all fans of Corbin football to demand a change in the way things are done at Corbin. It's not just coincidental that there is a giant 41 state championship void for our Redhounds. It hangs around the necks of Corbin players and fans like an albatross. Yes, there has been some bad luck along the way. But a school like Corbin , with the talent it has year in and year out , should never experience this type of drought, even with some bad luck. It tells me what it should tell you---that the way decisions have been made in Corbin over the past forty years has adversely affected our team's chances of ending the season with a victory instead of a loss.

Corbin fans, demand a change from the top. David Cox should go. He showed soon-to-be four-time state champion coach, Justin Haddix,  the door and then rigged the hiring process against Eddie James  in favor of his high school chum, Greer. He has no integrity, whatsoever. The board should meet in special session and get rid of Cox. The next step should be for Tommy Greer to resign.  Coach, you've done a pretty decent job the past two years, but it's time for new leadership, and you know it. Go get that Superintendent's job(outside of Corbin, of course) you long for.  You are not a terrible football coach. But you are a terrible person. Players don't necessarily need a coach they like but they need one they can respect. Corbin football needs new blood at the head coaching position. Corbin fans need to demand the exits Cox and Greer and Jewell from having anything to do with Corbin athletics, or more broadly, Corbin schools, period.

A Corbin booster club, like the Redhound Varsity Club ,  is a lonely and insecure band of misfit toys.  Many of its members use their money to influence peddle and meddle their way in the affairs of Corbin athletics. The RVC didn't even have the good sense to file it's IRS paper work and the IRS took away the club's tax exempt status. The group hasn't even bothered to update its website in five years. This group organized in 1982 and Corbin hasn't won a title since this group of a$$holes formed. Is this the kind of people that should be influencing hiring and firing decisions at Corbin?

Corbin has always been big on outward appearance, even as it rots from the inside out. Shiny , new 11 million dollar facilities are nice but local politics, influence peddling, and "daddy ball" still rules the day in Houndville.  It's been 87 years since Corbin won a state title in basketball and 41 years in football. Don't you think, Corbinites, that it's time for new leadership and a new way of thinking in our Title(less) Town?

Fans, citizens, and all who love Corbin athletics,  should flood the next BOE  meeting(I can suggest some good signs) and demand immediate change. Demand the ouster of Cox , Greer, and Jewell and the hiring of someone outside of the area to lead Corbin schools into the future . Then, and only then, we can have a legitimate hiring process for a new football coach, not a rigged system like the unethical Cox oversaw. Some guys that I hope would be encouraged to apply to be the next coach would be Haddix, Clay Clevinger, and Nathan McPeek. Any of those guys, given total control to run the program, and given the support and encouragement of a smart and competent administrator with integrity, would deliver to Corbin it's long-awaited title in a short amount of time.

Demand change, Corbin !!!

Old School Hound
The next board meeting is Thursday December 7 at 6:00 PM and is open to the public. I'm sure they will discuss the latest test scores that ranked Corbin High School 12th out of 228 high schools in Kentucky and Corbin Middle School's ranking of 2nd out of 318 middle schools in Kentucky. Are you going to be there with your signs and demand change? You going to confront Dave Cox face to face and demand he resign? How about Paul Taylor? Here's your big chance to "Demand change, Corbin."
Will the board be discussing how not to get your butt spanked by Justin Haddix? Asking for a community…
Messages In This Thread
RE: An Open Letter to Corbin Redhound Players, Coaches & Fans - by Cowboy42 - 11-25-2023, 10:42 AM