Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Somerset
36.84%
Owensboro Catholic
63.16%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Somerset at Owensboro Catholic 11/24 4th Round Playoffs
(11-19-2023, 02:13 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Somerset is one of my favorite teams. When Clevenger was hired, I knew it wouldn't take long for him to put them in the top of 2A. I just didn't expect it to be immediately. I think this speaks volume of when you get leadership that can grasp the attention of the players and they start to believe, trust and see results. This year's results speak for themselves. I also think the Somerset folks who done the hiring should get some credit here. They easily could have done what others do. They went after the best available. This season game after game, I have paid a little more attention to the Somerset scores. Regardless of the outcome of this game, the parents, community, fans, business and the school knows they are in good hands, and I believe they will become a familiar name at the top of Class 2A for a while now. The foundation has been laid this year. Like others I have read the comments, what if the Twins and Bailey had stayed and been on this year's Somerset team. Talking about a what if. I just wanted as a fan of the game to let it be known to the Somerset faithful that we see you!
Not only did Somerset make a successful hire with Clevenger; they made an investment. He is a coach that demonstrates consistent improvement with his teams. In 2016, Clevenger led the Admirals to the state championship game. The next year, Danville improved and experienced their first undefeated season since 1994. With Clevenger at the helm, Danville’s rivals felt the weight of the anchor.

Nothing is guaranteed and the path ahead is difficult. 2A is a brutal division with competition from historic powerhouses such as Mayfield and more contemporary challengers like LCA. Fortunately for Somerset, they have the right coach steering the ship (or briar patch).
[-] The following 4 users Like The Red Eminence's post:
  • Buford T Justice, Bull got out!, RedMachine, Walt Longmire
Messages In This Thread
RE: Somerset at Owensboro Catholic 11/24 4th Round Playoffs - by The Red Eminence - 11-23-2023, 09:15 PM