Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lawrence County
63.64%
Rockcastle County
36.36%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Lawrence County at Rockcastle County 11/10 Friday Night
(11-07-2023, 02:27 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(11-06-2023, 08:45 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: I am a Raceland fan, first of all, so I have no dog in this fight. Just a fan of HS football…I was told to look at the product that is going to be on the field…so I am.

I watched some more film, clips, etc…Rockcastle is atheletic and has some good speed. Tucker and Moore are above average HS players. But not quite what a lot of people are making them out to be. They are going to break some long plays. But they are no more fast and atheletic than Ransom, Webb, Holman were from Paris was. Their QB is better, but 90% of their offense comes from just slinging the ball around. Bell is not the Bell of old. They are solid, but not what they once were.

RC Offense:
They try to hit big plays down the field early and force your secondary to run with the WR There is no deception or creativity in the run game, 80% of their rushing yards are from Tucker. He completes some big passes, then runs a draw for a big play.

LC Defense:
Plays pretty balanced. Short likes to play zone. Which works in their favor against RC. RC looks to spread you out and run you off the ball. Playing zone allows for better containment. LC does a good job against the run in their base defense. That allows for more guys sideline to sideline to neutralize RCs speed.

LC Offense:
Downhill in the run game and sets up PA. Not as one dimensional as they have been in years prior. Their QB can hurt you if you sale out on the run. Plenty of atheletes. Very atheletic on the OL.

RC defense:
Again…plays Zone but plays man at times as well. Their secondary is very athletic and does a good job against the pass. They can run with anybody really and play man. Suspect to giving up chunk yards in the run game though. The only game they were able to shut down the run game of an opponent was against Pineville.

Apples to apples, this game looks a lot better for RC on paper. I will agree, this will may very well be the fastest team speed LC has seen this year, but I don’t think RC has played a team as physical as LC. RC has better skill athletes but LC has the better atheletes upfront.

Looking at what both teams bring to the table, which is what I was told to do lol…LC is the more consistent team defensively. Their offense allows to eat the clock. This game reminds me a lot of the Raceland/Williamsburg match up in the regional championship awhile back. Raceland was really more atheletic, but Williamsburg was better upfront and had a better rushing attack.

I will change my prediction to LC by a score.

If I’m wrong and RC scores 50 points and blows LC out…I will eat my crow.
I agree with most other than two things. Only two teams have ran for more than 200 yards on Rock one of which being the best statistical RB in KY so i consider that being able to handle the run pretty effectively. And williamsburg/raceland was a little different. Burg had griffith, who was the most explosive player around that season, and a thousand yard rusher and receiver. If you are comparing them to LC, they have absolutely no comparison. Burg threw for over 40 tds in one season, LC has had 40 passing tds in the last 7 years combined. I would actually go on to say polar opposites. Other than that the analysis is pretty good. I just think a lot of people would speak differently of this game had rock not fumbled 3 times against paris.

No, no, no lol. I don’t think either team is as good as Raceland or Williamsburg were in 2013. ‘14 was the year Griffith went off. I just think this match up is similar as I feel one team has the edge from a skill standpoint and one has the edge upfront.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Lawrence County at Rockcastle County 11/10 Friday Night - by ArmChairHC - 11-07-2023, 08:51 AM