Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 39 Letcher County Central 14
(10-07-2023, 09:47 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-07-2023, 09:22 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote: I was watching the replay and I think Letcher will have a tough team in about 2 years.  They played tough but their youth showed a lot last night.

It looked like Corbin tried to get a passing game established early on but couldn’t get in a rhythm.  This was the first time I’ve watched Corbin play and the defense is as good as advertised.  As much as everyone has talked up the DL I was just as impressed with their secondary especially 

Overall they look like a strong powerful team that plays good assignment football which will bode well for them when they come across a speedy team like Boyle.  As others have said I think their big weakness is going to be having difficulties developing a passing game especially if a team figures out how to stop their running attack.

Why do you,BGR fans,  think Corbin would and could throw the ball all over the field last season but seems someone reluctant and/or impotent when it comes to making big gains through the air this season? Bull, what say you? You thought this offense would be dynamic this season. It hasn't been. Last night, we still saw 3rd and 17 against mighty Letcher County. Do they miss Combs that much? Why is a guy like Elam throwing for 20 and 30 yards... in an entire game?!?!  He should be doing that on every pass.

Why throw the ball when you really have no need to…..why show your cards??  

Corbin is cake walking the regular season right now, yeah they had a scare with FD, and may have lost the game on a neutral field or at FD but seriously Corbin can win most games with their JV…. I bet if you look the scrubs have out scored the opponents in mop up duty as well….

Overall they look like a strong powerful team that plays good assignment football which will bode well for them when they come across a speedy team like Boyle.  As others have said I think their big weakness is going to be having difficulties developing a passing game especially if a team figures out how to stop their running attack.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Corbin 39 Letcher County Central 14 - by HenryHankHill - 10-07-2023, 12:02 PM