Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shelby Valley
66.67%
Elizabethtown
33.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Shelby Valley vs Elizabethtown 9/23
I honestly have no idea what to make of this game.  It's really odd that Shelby Valley scheduled themselves a game where they have to travel 4 hours each way, for a random mid-season contest played on a Saturday afternoon.  Then I assume Etown will be making the same trip next year.  Just odd.

As for the game itself, who knows? I know absolutely nothing about Etown other than what I can see on khsaa.org.  I see that they are 0-5 this year, with a close loss to Fairdale but losses to everyone else by at least 2 TD's.  But, they went 8-4 just last year, getting knocked out in the 2nd round of the playoffs by CAL.  So either they have suffered heavy graduation losses, or they have simply struggled against a good schedule.

As for Shelby Valley, they have been maddeningly inconsistent.  They started off the year losing to Letcher Central in a game where the defense couldn't get enough stops and the offense couldn't find a rhythm.  Then they had a couple games in a row (Lawrence, Martin) where the defense played superb but the offense really struggled.  Then the last 2 weeks, the offense has gotten untracked scoring 92 points combined, but the defense has really struggled, especially against Perry.  So who knows what Valley will show up on Saturday.

In the end, I'll say that the offense keeps rolling, and the defense makes just enough stops.  Valley wins 35-27.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
RE: Shelby Valley vs Elizabethtown 9/23 - by More Cowbell - 09-19-2023, 03:06 PM