Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland to get turf in conjunction with Clarks Pump and Shop
(06-28-2023, 09:03 AM)16thregioner Wrote: I'm glad Ashland has finally found a way to get turf via a private donor.  It seems like this has been rumored for years.

Admittedly, I know nothing about how schools are financed, but could someone tell me how is it that Boyd County and Raceland have far nicer athletic facilities than any other schools in the region? 

Logically, I would have thought that Russell or Ashland would have always had the nicest things since their tax base and alumni are likely richer than others in the region.  They're also the historically best athletic programs in the region.

What are Boyd County and Raceland doing right and the others doing wrong?
Raceland will have a new field house built after this season. Before this season they will have new lights for the football field. If the materials can be guaranteed you will soon see the baseball and softball fields turfed….hopefully ready for next season. If the turf can’t be promised in time it will be season after next. Raceland and Boyd are right in a major highway. Good facilities attract kids. Both schools would be dumb for not putting resources into their facilities.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Ashland to get turf in conjunction with Clarks Pump and Shop - by RAMDAD50 - 06-28-2023, 05:48 PM