Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 55 Harlan 52 13th Region
Shepperd and Davidson are two of my favorite performers from the 13th. Handsome and talented young players who are smooth and normally very consistent. I thought both of them played below their level last night. That isn't meant to be negative toward them, or even critical. Everybody has good and not so good games during their career. But I never thought I'd see a whole quarter that was absent a score from Shepperd, and Davidson missing a wide open and uncontested lay up.

The game ending buzzer sounded before the inbound pass was even caught. Which means that the clock was started as soon as the pass was thrown. And before the officials sorted out the problem, the score keeper had already put 1.3 seconds back on the clock. These were very unfortunate for Harlan and I'm sure it messed with their mind. But these kinds of things happen. Sometimes.

The reason Harlan lost was because of their poor shooting in the second half. In the fourth quarter, they would take an incredible amount of time just to find a shot.

This was, to me, a very unusual game. After everything is sorted and torn apart, it was a hard fought and very entertaining game. North Laurel and Harlan should both be congratulated!
Messages In This Thread
RE: North Laurel 55 Harlan 52 13th Region - by Granny Bear - 03-02-2023, 08:44 AM