Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Pikeville 41 Raceland 9 (1A State Championship)
It’s Pikevilles to lose next year again I’m afraid. They just got a well oiled machine that ain’t going anywhere and everyone else has a lot of catching up to do.

In regards to Coach Salmons, there’s not a better HC in terms of community outreach, love for the program, and commitment to the kids from flag-the oldest and newest senior. He could be a little closed minded in his approach but at the end of the day, there’s no one else I’d rather have at the helm. If I had to choose between what he has accomplished and what we have accumulated as a football program from top to bottom and 1 or 2 state titles, I’d take the consistency he has created. Paintsville won their title, lost their coach and things haven’t been the same. Fairview went on their run, things imploded, never going to be the same. We went almost a century without a regional title, now we are the favorite. We had never seen a semi final, now it’s expected. This showing was better than the first at the state championship game. We are improving bit by bit. It will be interesting though, to see how things change with Lewis retiring. Mike is a great defensive mind and I would love to see him take over that side of the ball and bring in a really good OC to run his system. But all that remains to be seen.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Pikeville 41 Raceland 9 (1A State Championship) - by Scotty_Bronson - 12-19-2022, 04:16 PM