Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland @ Boyd County 12/13
(12-16-2022, 01:33 AM)16thregionballer Wrote:
(12-16-2022, 12:44 AM)16thfan Wrote:
(12-15-2022, 10:50 AM)16thregionballer Wrote:
(12-15-2022, 12:55 AM)16thregioner Wrote: This is untrue.  

Deboard was the game’s high scorer and high assist guy.  MVP of the game.  Boyd County did not want him on their team this season.  Listen to the call as 16thregionballer often requests.  He was bullied out the door and not even allowed back into the Boyd County homecoming dance this year.  Deboard isn’t a Jason Mays recruit.  He’s a player Spurlock wanted gone and he got his way.

Zander Carter came to Ashland before his freshman year.  I don’t think his presence makes the program unclean.  Besides, that was about the worst performance he’s put on a basketball floor in his career as a Tomcat.  Gracious sakes, wait until he brings his A game against Boyd.

The Davis brothers were at Boyd.  Were they recruited to Ashland?  Their mom is the girls basketball coach at Ashland and was the all-time scorer until a few years ago.  Seems legit to me.

I’ve never heard of Conway, Freize, and Adkins playing anywhere else but Ashland.  

This was no superstar recruit-filled Tomcat team.  Maybe older kids beating the crap out of younger teams in middle school doesn’t necessarily equate to varsity success?  Or maybe Ellis shot it too much?Or maybe it’s Randy Anderson?  I don’t know.
Let’s once again go back to the audio that Jason Mays openly say. I have Brian Lemaster handling the Rheyce Deboard situation. Before he ever came to Ashland he told other kids that coach Mays came to his house and recruited him. That’s all fact. 

Z was also mentioned in the Jason Mays audio on how to circumvent the khsaa by transferring in as a freshman. Fact. Audio. In addition to Steve making it know when Z would get benched as a freshman that not what we were promised. He lives in Greenup county. You don’t think thats “unclean” ?

Nate is from East Carter. he is an actual transfer like the other four Boyd county kids on the roster.  The Bath kid was recruited as well. Just like Marcum was. 

I don’t like to keep bringing it up but at least tell the truth. The truth is on audio. the boys played a great game. However there were times when we didn’t have one homegrown Tomcat on the floor.  That’s why the parents of homegrown ashland kids are upset about Mays recruiting players. It’s embarrassing when Boyd student section yelled what school they are from when they either touched ball or shooting free throws. It was good clean fun but just a talking point and a reality.

(12-15-2022, 11:23 PM)16thregionballer Wrote:
(12-15-2022, 07:56 PM)16thfan Wrote: I would ask him if I knew our conversation would not be recorded. Dude you should know better than to ask a question like that. Bottom line you and Spurlock have some work to do because just getting rid of Mays isn’t going to get what you’re after. Boyd’s issue of not having the ability to complete with Ashland this year runs much deeper than Mays or any so called recruits.
Well I would recommend you ask him. I just want us to develop our kids. Not recruit  over our kids. Simple. Not have a coach talk about our kids. I bet your one of the recruited parents. At the parent meeting asking why and who is responsible for him being fired. Your answer is Mays is responsible.
 Don’t have any kids on the team, just a fan, however my son transferred to Boyd county to play baseball for Hamilton 25 years ago. Was not at the parent meeting as I did not have to be there to know what happened and why Mays was fired. Mays was fired because he deserved to be fired but your comment earlier (You saw him at the game like we all did. If you are really worried about his motive. Why not just walk up to him and ask? I think we know the answer to that is) That talk does not set well with me dude. If you and your buddy Spurlock wants to get with me we can do that any time. I don’t sweat you or Spurlock. So you make that choice. You want to come at me with some type of bullying mentality I can play that game with you. Mays is gone no one in there right mind will attempt to recruit going forward so let it go. Dude I am the second person you have blamed of being a parent of a transfer glorifying Mays. I liked Mays before I heard that tape but I am glad he is gone. But blasting everyone that takes up for Ashland and is happy the we just beat Boyd for the 13th straight time just ain’t right. I am going to cheer for Ashland whether Mays, Bonner, or who ever. I would root for Ashland if Randy Anderson coached us. You have issues beyond blasting out to folks on this forum. I think you need to go take your problem up the coaches and Campbell. 
You are obviously confused. Sounds like. You say you are glad Mays is gone. But you defend him. Makes sense. You have no dog in the fight. I get it. My stance has been this entire time. Mays was recruiting kids to play over kids who are home grown. Not developing our kids. Picking from other teams kids. As far as you saying something to him. That’s on you. By the looks of him. Good luck with that. I’m sure that’s why you didn’t at the game. So don’t come at me because you were scared to say something to him. Now you are upset at me. I don’t know him. People were pointing him out in the stands.  Campbell and Howard say the same thing. No comment. Bonner has done a great job with our kids. Always have. You seem to be upset about it. You moved your kid from ashland to play at Boyd?  If you were there. You heard the cheers of their student section saying the name of our recruited kids school. It’s embarrassing don’t you think?

(12-16-2022, 01:13 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(12-15-2022, 07:56 PM)16thfan Wrote: I would ask him if I knew our conversation would not be recorded. Dude you should know better than to ask a question like that. Bottom line you and Spurlock have some work to do because just getting rid of Mays isn’t going to get what you’re after. Boyd’s issue of not having the ability to complete with Ashland this year runs much deeper than Mays or any so called recruits.
Well I would recommend you ask him. I just want us to develop our kids. Not recruit  over our kids. Simple. Not have a coach talk about our kids. I bet your one of the recruited parents. At the parent meeting asking why and who is responsible for him being fired. Your answer is Mays is responsible.
Well Baller you had best talk to about 95% of the programs in the state because parents and sports staffs are going to be communicating before nearly all these transfer situations occur. Players just don’t show up like a teleport on Star Trek, there is nearly always advance work going on. It’s just most staffs don’t communicate with people that go to the lengths that Spurlock did to tape a call….a call that he originated. What happened in the Ashland incident is business as usual throughout the state. Look around you. It’s transfer city all across the state. It’s hard to keep up with from year to year.  
A Jefferson County coach once told me that at several of his coaching interviews he was told he would be expected to recruit the countywide middle schools for the best players. You’re demonizing Mays when he is just one pup in a big family of dogs. If I was thinking of transferring my kid to another school you had better bet that I am going to want to talk to the future coach and hear from him/her what their program is like, how is it run, summer activities discipline, school academics, etc etc etc. However, if the coach gives me a rundown of all those things to answer my questions he has technically violated the KHSAA bylaw. So Mays is no longer Ashland coach. He’s out. You and a few other posters should be happy, but you still won’t let it go. You want to get a dude down and then grind your heels into his body. He’s suffered  the pain of losing his coaching position. And his wife has been battling a serious health concern that is a worry for him. Get off this continual belittling routine and put it behind you. Get behind Coach Bonner and the Tomcats or whoever your favorite team and cheer up and enjoy the rest of the season.
no 95% schools don’t RECRUIT.  Kids do transfer. Bonner is a class act. I do stand behind him and root for kids. Mays contacting kids plural. That is wrong. Regardless how you keep babbling. Let it go.
I am not confused at all. You are if you think I need luck with you or Spurlock. Another fact I was not at the game but watched it on myTown. I did not say I wanted to talk to Spurlock dude you suggested that I talk to Spurlock. I ask you what his deal was because you make it aound like he is your hero and best friend. So don’t twist this up as I stated I wanted to talk to him. If I want to I will. Man what ever Mays did to you or your family member has you twisted and bent way to far out of shape. You may need to talk to someone other than the folks within Ashland basketball. Again I don’t need luck believe that. I have never approved of what Mays did but I also disagree in calling someone and getting them into a conversation and then making that conversation available to the public. Spurlock could have got Mays just as good if he just kept the tape within the khssa but he didn’t just want Mays he wanted Ashland basketball, which includes you. No matter how much you try to twist this dude Spurlock got you too. You say you don’t know him but you support him when he would shut our program down today if he could. Kind of embarrassing isn’t it.

(12-16-2022, 02:09 AM)16thfan Wrote:
(12-16-2022, 01:33 AM)16thregionballer Wrote:
(12-16-2022, 12:44 AM)16thfan Wrote:
(12-15-2022, 10:50 AM)16thregionballer Wrote:
(12-15-2022, 12:55 AM)16thregioner Wrote: This is untrue.  

Deboard was the game’s high scorer and high assist guy.  MVP of the game.  Boyd County did not want him on their team this season.  Listen to the call as 16thregionballer often requests.  He was bullied out the door and not even allowed back into the Boyd County homecoming dance this year.  Deboard isn’t a Jason Mays recruit.  He’s a player Spurlock wanted gone and he got his way.

Zander Carter came to Ashland before his freshman year.  I don’t think his presence makes the program unclean.  Besides, that was about the worst performance he’s put on a basketball floor in his career as a Tomcat.  Gracious sakes, wait until he brings his A game against Boyd.

The Davis brothers were at Boyd.  Were they recruited to Ashland?  Their mom is the girls basketball coach at Ashland and was the all-time scorer until a few years ago.  Seems legit to me.

I’ve never heard of Conway, Freize, and Adkins playing anywhere else but Ashland.  

This was no superstar recruit-filled Tomcat team.  Maybe older kids beating the crap out of younger teams in middle school doesn’t necessarily equate to varsity success?  Or maybe Ellis shot it too much?Or maybe it’s Randy Anderson?  I don’t know.
Let’s once again go back to the audio that Jason Mays openly say. I have Brian Lemaster handling the Rheyce Deboard situation. Before he ever came to Ashland he told other kids that coach Mays came to his house and recruited him. That’s all fact. 

Z was also mentioned in the Jason Mays audio on how to circumvent the khsaa by transferring in as a freshman. Fact. Audio. In addition to Steve making it know when Z would get benched as a freshman that not what we were promised. He lives in Greenup county. You don’t think thats “unclean” ?

Nate is from East Carter. he is an actual transfer like the other four Boyd county kids on the roster.  The Bath kid was recruited as well. Just like Marcum was. 

I don’t like to keep bringing it up but at least tell the truth. The truth is on audio. the boys played a great game. However there were times when we didn’t have one homegrown Tomcat on the floor.  That’s why the parents of homegrown ashland kids are upset about Mays recruiting players. It’s embarrassing when Boyd student section yelled what school they are from when they either touched ball or shooting free throws. It was good clean fun but just a talking point and a reality.

Don’t have any kids on the team, just a fan, however my son transferred to Boyd county to play baseball for Hamilton 25 years ago. Was not at the parent meeting as I did not have to be there to know what happened and why Mays was fired. Mays was fired because he deserved to be fired but your comment earlier (You saw him at the game like we all did. If you are really worried about his motive. Why not just walk up to him and ask? I think we know the answer to that is) That talk does not set well with me dude. If you and your buddy Spurlock wants to get with me we can do that any time. I don’t sweat you or Spurlock. So you make that choice. You want to come at me with some type of bullying mentality I can play that game with you. Mays is gone no one in there right mind will attempt to recruit going forward so let it go. Dude I am the second person you have blamed of being a parent of a transfer glorifying Mays. I liked Mays before I heard that tape but I am glad he is gone. But blasting everyone that takes up for Ashland and is happy the we just beat Boyd for the 13th straight time just ain’t right. I am going to cheer for Ashland whether Mays, Bonner, or who ever. I would root for Ashland if Randy Anderson coached us. You have issues beyond blasting out to folks on this forum. I think you need to go take your problem up the coaches and Campbell. 
You are obviously confused. Sounds like. You say you are glad Mays is gone. But you defend him. Makes sense. You have no dog in the fight. I get it. My stance has been this entire time. Mays was recruiting kids to play over kids who are home grown. Not developing our kids. Picking from other teams kids. As far as you saying something to him. That’s on you. By the looks of him. Good luck with that. I’m sure that’s why you didn’t at the game. So don’t come at me because you were scared to say something to him. Now you are upset at me. I don’t know him. People were pointing him out in the stands.  Campbell and Howard say the same thing. No comment. Bonner has done a great job with our kids. Always have. You seem to be upset about it. You moved your kid from ashland to play at Boyd?  If you were there. You heard the cheers of their student section saying the name of our recruited kids school. It’s embarrassing don’t you think?

(12-16-2022, 01:13 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
Well Baller you had best talk to about 95% of the programs in the state because parents and sports staffs are going to be communicating before nearly all these transfer situations occur. Players just don’t show up like a teleport on Star Trek, there is nearly always advance work going on. It’s just most staffs don’t communicate with people that go to the lengths that Spurlock did to tape a call….a call that he originated. What happened in the Ashland incident is business as usual throughout the state. Look around you. It’s transfer city all across the state. It’s hard to keep up with from year to year.  
A Jefferson County coach once told me that at several of his coaching interviews he was told he would be expected to recruit the countywide middle schools for the best players. You’re demonizing Mays when he is just one pup in a big family of dogs. If I was thinking of transferring my kid to another school you had better bet that I am going to want to talk to the future coach and hear from him/her what their program is like, how is it run, summer activities discipline, school academics, etc etc etc. However, if the coach gives me a rundown of all those things to answer my questions he has technically violated the KHSAA bylaw. So Mays is no longer Ashland coach. He’s out. You and a few other posters should be happy, but you still won’t let it go. You want to get a dude down and then grind your heels into his body. He’s suffered  the pain of losing his coaching position. And his wife has been battling a serious health concern that is a worry for him. Get off this continual belittling routine and put it behind you. Get behind Coach Bonner and the Tomcats or whoever your favorite team and cheer up and enjoy the rest of the season.
no 95% schools don’t RECRUIT.  Kids do transfer. Bonner is a class act. I do stand behind him and root for kids. Mays contacting kids plural. That is wrong. Regardless how you keep babbling. Let it go.
I am not confused at all. You are if you think I need luck with you or Spurlock. Another fact I was not at the game but watched it on myTown. I did not say I wanted to talk to Spurlock dude you suggested that I talk to Spurlock. I ask you what his deal was because you make it aound like he is your hero and best friend. So don’t twist this up as I stated I wanted to talk to him. If I want to I will. Man what ever Mays did to you or your family member has you twisted and bent way to far out of shape. You may need to talk to someone other than the folks within Ashland basketball. Again I don’t need luck believe that. I have never approved of what Mays did but I also disagree in calling someone and getting them into a conversation and then making that conversation available to the public. Spurlock could have got Mays just as good if he just kept the tape within the khssa but he didn’t just want Mays he wanted Ashland basketball, which includes you. No matter how much you try to twist this dude Spurlock got you too. You say you don’t know him but you support him when he would shut our program down today if he could. Kind of embarrassing isn’t it.
Baller I will take what ever response you see fit but as for me it is time for us to agree to disagree. No hard feelings but dude I am a tomcat fan and wish all of this never happened. I am a fan of every kid on that team both Varsity and JV. I hope you find peace in all this as it sounds as though it has been a rough ride. Good luck.
Messages In This Thread
Ashland @ Boyd County 12/13 - by 16thregioner - 12-11-2022, 11:24 AM
RE: Ashland @ Boyd County 12/13 - by Fanman - 12-11-2022, 01:38 PM
RE: Ashland @ Boyd County 12/13 - by Ky1976 - 12-11-2022, 01:39 PM
RE: Ashland @ Boyd County 12/13 - by 16thregioner - 12-11-2022, 03:20 PM
RE: Ashland @ Boyd County 12/13 - by Fanman - 12-11-2022, 09:12 PM
RE: Ashland @ Boyd County 12/13 - by Ky1976 - 12-12-2022, 02:09 PM
RE: Ashland @ Boyd County 12/13 - by Fanman - 12-13-2022, 08:38 PM
RE: Ashland @ Boyd County 12/13 - by jetpilot - 12-14-2022, 02:26 AM
RE: Ashland @ Boyd County 12/13 - by Ky1976 - 12-13-2022, 10:49 PM
RE: Ashland @ Boyd County 12/13 - by LOOKAYANNER - 12-13-2022, 11:08 PM
RE: Ashland @ Boyd County 12/13 - by 16thregioner - 12-13-2022, 11:19 PM