Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Pikeville 41 Raceland 9 (1A State Championship)
(12-02-2022, 06:36 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Not surprising. I said all year 1A was Pikeville- big gap- Raceland- big gap- Paintsville/Hazard- everyone else.

(12-02-2022, 04:32 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: Pikeville needs to move up to 2A. There is no competition for them in 1A. They are just to good for that division. I know Pikeville is losing a bunch of all time great seniors so maybe someone else will have a chance next year.
Or put Mayfield and Beechwood back in 1A. I’d love to see some Pikeville vs Beechwood/Mayfield matchups.
This talk sounds like Pikeville plays only the weaker teams in it's district and beats up on them at will. They play whoever is across from them, and not only that . they schedule and played a team from each class this season. That is WHY they won the Class 1-A championship. Yeah, i'd like to see them schedule Beechwood once again, along with Mayfield , but again, look at this season's schedule. As the old saying goes, "you gotta play the best to be the best"! Btw Having arguably the best coaching staff in the state doesn't hurt either.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Pikeville 41 Raceland 9 (1A State Championship) - by Big Five-0- - 12-08-2022, 12:08 AM