Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Pikeville 41 Raceland 9 (1A State Championship)
(12-02-2022, 06:49 PM)16thregioner Wrote:
(12-02-2022, 06:32 PM)Kentuckysfinest Wrote:
(12-02-2022, 06:20 PM)16thregioner Wrote:
(12-02-2022, 06:13 PM)Kentuckysfinest Wrote: Good idea. Tell your returning players hey you’re not good enough, so we went out and got somebody better. You are a disgrace to 16th region sports.

That’s reality.  They aren’t good enough.  Not even close.  Depends how bad they want that banner.  Or just wait around for a once in a generation lucky season.
clearly, you’ve never been apart of competitive sports and if you are, you shouldn’t. Obviously you live by the philosophy of take the easy route.

It’s not the “easy route” to attract athletic talent to a small eastern Kentucky school.  A Raceland fan on here said themselves that this is an “arms race” to build the best team possible.  Look at the money that has been spent at Raceland to build an unbelievably attractive facility.  You think that’s just been done for fun or for the few kids from Old Farm and Poplar Highlands to enjoy?  Come on, Kentucky’s Finest.  Let’s be realistic.  Competitive sports are one thing.  Winning is an altogether different thing.  You have to have the Jimmy’s, Jenny’s, and Joe’s.  You think Pikeville’s team was all Pikeville kids?  There is a reason why their facilities look like those of an NFL team.  This attracts the best talent.  If you haven’t noticed, teams from our region that win have lots of Jimmy’s, Jenny’s, and Joe’s from all over the place.  I don’t mean to offend or come off like I’m downing Raceland’s players.  They had a good team this season and I was really hoping they could beat Pikeville.  When I finally saw Pikeville, though, I saw there is still a significant gap there.  Raceland is obviously committed to the cause of trying to get that banner.  I was just suggesting an idea that might help make that come to fruition.  Have you not studied the rosters of all teams who win in our region across all sports?  You should try it and see what you find.
Actually 19 of Pikevilles 22 Starters this year are products of our Youth System (Little League and Junior High). I know, because I coached all 19 of them at one time or another when they were 2nd-6th graders….Pikeville Myth:BUSTED!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes HAIL PIKEVILLE!'s post:
  • Big Five-0-
Messages In This Thread
RE: Pikeville 41 Raceland 9 (1A State Championship) - by HAIL PIKEVILLE! - 12-05-2022, 04:31 PM