Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Franklin County game ends in a brawl...
(11-20-2022, 10:58 PM)Glory_Days Wrote:
(11-20-2022, 08:42 AM)Gold River Wrote: I remember just a quite a few years ago most teams gave out weekly hard hitter awards that was pretty much for who ever could lay the best crackback on a kickoff or at least majority of them where all blindsided hits. Yeah it was a dumb and potentially dangerous thing to do but that could have very well happened during the game and not much would’ve been thought about it maybe a flag at best. To say the kid who is a kid deserves criminal charges for making a mistake during an emotional game is a little out there. Lot of people complain about gun violence etc and say back in my day we handled it with physical altercations but always throw the legal card when one does happen.

I agree with 90% of what you are saying here but that was something we expected from being on the field (keep your head on a swivel). Back in the day we had a couple of knuckleheads that kept a tally of how many "loafers" they could de-cleat. Shamefully, it could be anyone just standing around not paying attention or someone on the other side of the field having no impact on the play.

The biggest difference here is this guy came running in from the sideline just shortly after being ejected for a cheap shot. This wasn't a crackback block or blindside hit pertaining to football or even to defend his buddy. He went out there to hurt someone purely driven by anger and disappointment. His action would be the cause for why "we handled it with physical altercations" back in the day, but it would've taken a lot more time to clear the field for that kind of chicken s*&% move.

Being ejected made it 10X worse as he was no longer part of the game. How would it be handled if a spectator (high school age) came running out and did this? Because that was his status at that point.

Bottom line, the past two generations have learned to trash talk and taunt but don't have the emotional maturity to handle themselves when they get their asses handed to them. Can't have it both ways!!

I trash talk before and after having my A$$ handed to me. I don't get mad or quit. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Glory_Days
Messages In This Thread
RE: Franklin County game ends in a brawl... - by pjdoug - 11-21-2022, 09:11 PM