Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Franklin County game ends in a brawl...
(11-20-2022, 12:40 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-19-2022, 07:41 PM)Shogun Wrote:
(11-19-2022, 07:18 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-19-2022, 05:00 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I don't know if #57 in the blue is a senior, or not, but his HS football career should be over, regardless.

I disagree OSH this is where the COACH should make him earn his right to be on the team….This is a situation where the life lessons that football is supposed to teach might very well save a kid that needs it…

Maybe the lesson should be that heat of the moment actions can have long lasting consequences. That's a lesson that can be expressed to an entire team vs. just a single individual. He was headed onto that field with malicious intent. If that player that he hit doesn't turn to see him at the last second do you think #57 would have stopped? Doesn't look like it to me. The kid's career should be done IMO. Like was said earlier, he'd already been ejected for taking cheap shots on players after the end of the play. Not worth risking another kid's safety so you can teach someone a lesson.

No where that I read did it say anyone had went to the hospital from any of this, and your only guessing his intent was malicious no one on this board knows what that kid was thinking, although it obviously wasn’t good….

Listen I’m not condoning bad behavior but I also don’t believe one mistake should haunt you for a lifetime.  I played high school ball with a few guys that have become pillars of the community.  However if we went back and judged them for some of the things they done in high school they’d probably been in jail until they where in their 30’s.  If however like Hound 05 said he’s trying to play victim now and being unrepentant throw his butt to the wolves…
I agree with your take. I don't know the kid, maybe his blood brother was out there getting beat up. The other kid wasn't hurt, or that's been reported. The kid didn't go low, at least low on the body, etc.. Something just went berzerk in his mind, his high-school career as a football player is ending, his teammate may be getting beatup, maybe this is his only outlet and only thing in the world. I'm not a bleeding heart for the kid, but I'll hold judgement as long as the other player wasn't injured.
[-] The following 1 user Likes smoke1015's post:
  • TD Hounds
Messages In This Thread
RE: Franklin County game ends in a brawl... - by smoke1015 - 11-20-2022, 05:58 PM