Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lexington Catholic
17.86%
Boyle County
82.14%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic @ Boyle 11/18 Dreaded 3rd Round
(11-18-2022, 10:59 AM)RunninReb Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 10:26 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: One of these teams has already proven that it is capable of beating the other. Maybe Boyle County will blow out Lexington Catholic in the rematch but the previous game has to make Lexington Catholic a slight favorite in the rematch. There aren't many LexCath fans posting on BGR, so we will not hear about players who may have missed the first game or played with minor injuries, etc. Lexington Catholic has played well in big games this season and expecting that they will be destroyed tonight is a bit unrealistic, IMO.

Lexington Catholic 30   Boyle County 27
I understand where you are coming from but if you know anything about the first game than you can understand where people might come from. Boyle dominated 3 quarters of the game and then one of their best players goes down with an injury. Boyle had a chance to win it with a big play at the end but had a man in motion at the snap of the ball. Boyle will not make the same mistakes again plus Boyle is the healthiest it’s been all year. It’s going to be a great high school football game!
I understand all of that, but Lexington Catholic surely made some adjustments during the game and will make changes aimed at avoiding starting out in a hole. If losing a single player had such an impact on the game, then BC is not nearly as good as last season. I think that it is more likely a combination of Lexington Catholic adjustments and the injury. I don't buy that the Knights' coaching staff had little to do with their comeback. I think people are maybe a little too quick to assume that because Boyle County followed a close regular season win over LexCath with a blowout win in the playoffs, that the same thing will happen this season. Maybe it will but I believe it will probably be another close game.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Lexington Catholic @ Boyle 11/18 Dreaded 3rd Round - by Hoot Gibson - 11-18-2022, 06:37 PM