Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
28.57%
Corbin
71.43%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/18 Dreaded 3rd Round
(11-13-2022, 09:56 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 09:43 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 09:35 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 09:15 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 07:13 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Players who returned and played a big role in beating Corbin the past two years do mean something. Losing an early season game or two after losing your starting running back to an injury, replacing last season's starting quarterback, and replacing the entire offensive line, not so much. Your assessment of Ironton makes me wonder why they have three starters on offense committed to major D1 programs. I wonder what you know that the recruiters missed?
Knox central had 3 D1 players too. Worked out good for them. I’ve watched Ironton. They are a good football team. But 4A and above they wouldn’t win a title here. Probably not 1 or 2A. They have a good QB. But nothing exceptionally stands out. But it’s a invalid point for either side. The eagles always have the possibility of winning this game, but JC hasn’t played an offense with the firepower of Corbin this season. Time shall tell for them though. And just like us last year, you don’t really know how well the offense and defense are because of a weak schedule. The offense and defense line apparently didn’t have experience in the NL game. They’ve got the experience now, and the same line gave up over 30 points to an LCC team that was trading scores with the eagles, outside of their two turnovers. Their offensive line held JC’s 3 headed monster to 30 sometbing points. Anything can happen, but those are just facts of the matchup
You didn't watch the LCC game very closely. LCC's defensive line did not hold JC scoring down, their offense cut into the number of JC possessions and JC's special teams allowed a couple of big plays. JC rushed for over 370 yards in the game. You can look at that game and hope that it showed weaknesses that Corbin can exploit, just as I can look at the Simon Kenton game and hope that is an indication of how Corbin's defense will play against a good running attack. I am sure that both teams learned from those experiences.

I think the big gains from what I saw was off Tackle on the edges for Johnson Central in that Letcher game. Of course you have to run all over the field to set it up but the edges was wide open and the reverse QB run. I think the Letcher td they ran back for a score changed the momentum and then it was a shootout.
I agree. That kickoff return was a huge momentum shifter. Some JC player missed their assignment on that play. Either the kicker did not place the ball correctly, or somebody screwed up on the coverage because one of JC's coaches was irate, pointing and waving his arms during the return. I was watching a live stream with no sound but I felt sorry for whoever screwed up. Johnson Central's coaches are usually pretty calm on the sidelines. That was probably the most animated that I have seen any of them get this season.

I didn't see it, I missed it. I did see that JC scored easily when they needed a score as time was running out.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/18 Dreaded 3rd Round - by Bull got out! - 11-13-2022, 10:05 PM