Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
28.57%
Corbin
71.43%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/18 Dreaded 3rd Round
(11-13-2022, 02:36 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:30 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:17 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:04 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 01:57 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Johnson Central does not need long, sustained drives to beat Corbin. They averaged 8.4 yards per carry against Corbin in last year's game and it does not take long to cover 80 yards at that rate. If the JC OL plays well, then it will be a long, tiring night for Corbin's defense because the same running backs have given Corbin fits before. Having Carter Conley back and freshman Logan Music available just gives Corbin's more to worry about. McCoart and Price have rushed for over 1,000 yards each and either Conley or Lawson would have also rushed for 1,000 yards if either of them had started the entire season.
I wouldn’t compare what you did to us last year to this year. Different kids , different team. Totally different Defense. Yea we give up yards but as long as we can keep jc out of the end zone I don’t care how many yds per carry they get. I’m glad all your backs are healthy and ready. I would venture to say big frank and Eli Bolton may have a lot to say about how many yds you get up this middle this year.
This is the same Corbin defense that gave up 7 yards/carry to Simon Kenton, which had one running back who carried the ball 33 times. Johnson Central's running game will not be as easy to contain as SK was. Did big Frank and Eli Bolton play against Simon Kenton?

Neither team can afford many turnovers and expect to win but all of the bragging and efforts to make Corbin into a huge favorite are not going to have any impact on the game. There are enough Corbin players who have already played Johnson Central twice, who know they are in for a battle. Anything is possible, but a huge blowout win by either team is unlikely, IMO.
Nope neither one played both sides of the ball. Bragging. ? Hell who doesn’t brag on their team? I don’t give a dogs turd what type of huge advantage you think pumping our team up will help. I’ll brag and make it seem like we can run through a brick wall all I want. I don’t need some turd like you giving me advice on what a true fan can say or do for our team. Never said a blow out either. But I assure you these aren’t the same kids , so for you to think you’re gonna run all over us is dumb on your part. Oh and you’re no Simon Kenton either. Who have you played to that caliber this year ? Waiting…..
Classy. Just what I expect from you. Ironton is more talented than Corbin. Johnson Central lost to Ironton and will need to play better to beat Corbin. I will never understand what makes braggarts like you tick. That Simon Kenton game was one of the worst displays of defense that I have seen. Simon Kenton is good, but not that good. They have two very good offensive threats and if you contain one of them, then they are in trouble. Corbin let them run wild, just like Corbin let Johnson Central's offense run wild last season.
Oh living on last season still. Please respond with something different. Simon Kenton had more than one threat. Lol. And their line is better than yours. And classy I am not sir. I assure you. Lol. I’m about as far as classy as a two legged horse is to be the fav in ky derby. I’m about the most blunt and straight forward person their is. I’ll call your bs all day long and still put money in the offering plate on Sunday. Jc ran like wild stallions do on the Great Plains of the Midwest last year no doubt. This years team is that team that’ll shank you in the feeding trough and let you run like you did last year , and follow until you bleed out and step on you just to make sure.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/18 Dreaded 3rd Round - by Sgt Slaughter - 11-13-2022, 03:11 PM