Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro 42 Prestonsburg 30
(11-07-2022, 01:46 PM)Blackcat 4 Life Wrote: Hats off to this group of seniors for grinding it out, and sticking with the program during difficult times. A lot of players would have packed up and left, but these young men fought through all of the adversity and ended their senior season with a respectful 8-3 record and a playoff appearance. As far as Brewer goes, I have mixed emotions. This year was a step in the right direction, and a lot of excitement was brought back to the program. As I have said in the past, Brewer has a hard time getting kids out and that concerns me. I know certain people may think I'm being negative, but I'm just calling it like I see it. without being biased. Brewer seems like a good guy, but after his fifth year, one would think he would have more than 17 underclassmen coming back. Out of those 17, only six or seven start, or have any varsity experience.  I'm not calling for his job, but changes need to be made, one way or the other. Brewer will be rebuilding over the next two years, and you have to ask yourself, how will this effect the talent coming up in the feeder system? If we take a couple of steps back, will these kids stick with program, or will they look elsewhere. I think this is a serious question that needs to be answered? I'm not trying to throw any one under the bus, but if we are going to get back to our "glory days" of past, we have to be able to put a solid product on the field, in hopes of keeping the younger talent intact. Hail Blackcats!

Since 2012, Prestonsburg has averaged a roster size of 36 and under Brewer they’ve averaged 32. So 30-40 is just what this program is always going to be.

Prestonsburg has always been a quality program because they’ve produced quality talent. Never been the biggest or strongest, but always was skilled and talented. Program has lacked that lately and I think anyone that’s been paying attention can see that. The rise of a good soccer program has played a role and losing 15 kids to Paintsville set this program back. I hate making excuses, but it is what it is. Keeping the current kids and their families coming up as Blackcats and you’ll start seeing more talent and skill. I wholeheartedly believe that.

Prestonsburg has 4-5 freshman that will likely start or play major minutes on varsity next season. They’ll go through some growing pains, but they’ll have some play makers and some good leaders around them that’ll help bring them up to speed. Pburg returns 3 starters on offense and 4 starters on defense next season. The current underclassmen need to step up and take this off season very seriously and stay in shape and hit the weights hard. I think the goal next season should be getting into the playoffs and building from there.
Messages In This Thread
Middlesboro 42 Prestonsburg 30 - by 64SUR - 11-04-2022, 11:10 PM
RE: Middlesboro 42 Prestonsburg 30 - by tazcat - 11-04-2022, 11:23 PM
RE: Middlesboro 42 Prestonsburg 30 - by The Scoop - 11-05-2022, 10:43 AM
RE: Middlesboro 42 Prestonsburg 30 - by ROTC - 11-05-2022, 02:53 PM
RE: Middlesboro 42 Prestonsburg 30 - by wolfcat - 11-06-2022, 11:11 AM
RE: Middlesboro 42 Prestonsburg 30 - by SlickRick - 11-06-2022, 01:06 PM
RE: Middlesboro 42 Prestonsburg 30 - by ROTC - 11-06-2022, 10:11 PM
RE: Middlesboro 42 Prestonsburg 30 - by BlackcatAlum - 11-07-2022, 10:38 PM
RE: Middlesboro 42 Prestonsburg 30 - by ROTC - 11-07-2022, 10:53 PM