Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Ashland self-reports possible recruiting violation to the KHSAA
I wasn't going to comment here again, but...

The story from the "parent meeting" is a bit much. I've seen the GC and BC player out in public together. The tension being described is wishful thinking. Both are VERY good at basketball and getting better under the coaching of Jason Mays. I'm sure they'll work it out. I've seen much crazier sports parents than the GC player's dad over the years. Their transfer to Ashland and subsequent hold back were INCREDIBLY successful moves. He already has D-1 offers as a sophomore and has played in 2 state tournaments.

If your son isn't playing basketball at Ashland, then you should have transferred him to another school if he loves the sport that much. Fairview and Rose Hill are a stones throw away if he isn't very good. Spots are still available on those teams. If he is good, Boyd County welcomes transfers with open arms. Go there. If he doesn't want to leave Ashland schools, pick another sport. Perhaps football, baseball, or soccer could use him. You've got to find your place and make the best of life given the circumstances you're dealt.

I don't know if he's going to play basketball or not this season, but the guy who couldn't make a "meaningful" shot has been great at football this year and even set the single game reception record for Ashland. Total success story. Speaks volumes for his character.

As I've belabored, I don't agree with Jason Mays downing his own players and his bombastic personality makes him an easy villian, but there is such a thing as forgiveness and there is such a thing as finding something else to do. We've learned Ashland is not the school to go after through the KHSAA. They've got connections. Accept it and move on.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Ashland self-reports possible recruiting violation to the KHSAA - by 16thregioner - 11-02-2022, 08:33 AM