Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Breathitt County
37.50%
Leslie County
62.50%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Breathitt County @ Leslie County 10/21
(10-19-2022, 11:31 AM)Slim one Wrote:
(10-19-2022, 11:19 AM)wolfcat Wrote: That Shelby Valley vs Middlesboro game in 2nd rd shod be a good one. 1st team to 50 wins. The way I figure it that winner would probably go to Beechwood unless they jump Breathitt in RPI.
Woolfcat, Maybe I'm looking at it wrong but it looks like only one team comes out of the District 7-8 matchups and they would face probabl

Its possible for 2 teams now with cross districting in first 2 rds. After 2nd round RPI kicks in and seeds east 1-4. Beechwood will get #1 A then as if 7-8 aren't matched up in 3rd rd which is unlikely of both won next 2 games even more unlikely they could face off in finals. I would consider that to be a 1 in a Million chance though because no one kn7-8 is beating Beechwood

(10-21-2022, 07:50 AM)wolfcat Wrote:
(10-19-2022, 11:31 AM)Slim one Wrote:
(10-19-2022, 11:19 AM)wolfcat Wrote: That Shelby Valley vs Middlesboro game in 2nd rd shod be a good one. 1st team to 50 wins. The way I figure it that winner would probably go to Beechwood unless they jump Breathitt in RPI.
Woolfcat, Maybe I'm looking at it wrong but it looks like only one team comes out of the District 7-8 matchups and they would face probabl

Its possible for 2 teams now with cross districting in first 2 rds. After 2nd round RPI kicks in and seeds east 1-4. Beechwood will get #1 A then as if 7-8 aren't matched up in 3rd rd which is unlikely of both won next 2 games even more unlikely they could face off in finals. I would consider that to be a 1 in a Million chance though because no one kn7-8 is beating Beechwood
As it stands now on the east if everything goes according to seed on playoffs  it would be in 3rd
#1 Beechwood vs #4 Breathitt 
#2 Lloyd vs #3 Shelby Valley.
Then after 3rd rd they the winners in rd 3 are re seeding according to RPI for 4th rd. So although very very unlikely 7-8 could meet in finals.

(10-19-2022, 02:46 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote: If I'm not mistaken, If the top seeds in district 7 and 8 win out, it would be Shelby Valley vs Breathitt in the 3rd round of the playoffs, which would be the regional championship. I'm not sure how things work this year, but in the past the four remaining teams in the state would be seeded 1 through 4. Barring any significant upsets, that would mean the winner of the 7 and 8 district would be a 4 seed based on RPI, and they would be on the road to play the number 1 seed, which will likely be Mayfield. I may be wrong and if so, could someone please inform us of the new format.

The way I understand it is after second rd the east is ranked 1-4 in RPI. As of right now
1 Beechwood
2 Lloyd
3 Shelby Valley 
4 Breathitt
So its very important for Breathitt to jump SV to avoid going to Beechwood in 3rd rd.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Breathitt County @ Leslie County 10/21 - by wolfcat - 10-21-2022, 07:50 AM