Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Breathitt County
37.50%
Leslie County
62.50%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Breathitt County @ Leslie County 10/21
If I'm not mistaken, If the top seeds in district 7 and 8 win out, it would be Shelby Valley vs Breathitt in the 3rd round of the playoffs, which would be the regional championship. I'm not sure how things work this year, but in the past the four remaining teams in the state would be seeded 1 through 4. Barring any significant upsets, that would mean the winner of the 7 and 8 district would be a 4 seed based on RPI, and they would be on the road to play the number 1 seed, which will likely be Mayfield. I may be wrong and if so, could someone please inform us of the new format.

Leslie County is an improved football team from last year. I heard they are dressing close to 60 kids, which is awesome numbers for a 2A school. I believe Breathitt is the better team, but Leslie could play spoilers at home. Breathitt seems to play a lot better on the riverbank, and has struggled playing on the road this year. Leslie has the size and athletes to give the Bobcats problems, and if the Bobcats allow Leslie to jump out and steal the momentum, they Eagles could very well win this game. I feel like the difference will be Breathitt's ability to play out of the Wishbone and out of the Shotgun. Breathitt has a lot of weapons and if the offense gets into a rhythm, they can be dangerous. Sperry seems to be getting more involved and Coach Moore is starting to depend more on his freshman RB, Gibson. Breathitt's defense is playing much better, and should give the Eagles some problems. Regardless, I think we will know a little more about both teams after Friday Night. Breathitt wins 42-30.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cat Daddy's post:
  • TheStickyBandit
Messages In This Thread
RE: Breathitt County @ Leslie County 10/21 - by Cat Daddy - 10-19-2022, 02:46 PM