Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Ashland self-reports possible recruiting violation to the KHSAA
(09-13-2022, 09:06 PM)plantmanky Wrote:
(09-13-2022, 06:41 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-13-2022, 06:15 PM)plantmanky Wrote:
(09-13-2022, 12:26 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: If the KHSAA does not come down hard on Ashland, then they should just eliminate all regulations regarding recruiting. Short of a coach delivering a bag full of cash to a player or his parents, then nothing could be more of a smoking gun than that call.

Going to be difficult to come down hard on Ashland, because they would also have to come down hard on Boyd Co as well.  What the dad did is a violation as well.
What the dad did was despicable but I just don't see the KHSAA punishing a school for the actions of a parent as harshly as they would for the actions of a veteran head coach on the school payroll. I don't think that the actions of a parent mitigate the recruiting violation of a head coach in any way.

I disagree, I think the parents actions are worse than the coaches in this instance.  I would be 100% in favor of the player being banned for all 4 years of HS eligibility because of this.
This is a ridiculous take.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Ashland self-reports possible recruiting violation to the KHSAA - by TheStickyBandit - 09-19-2022, 09:12 AM