Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Covington Catholic 27 Pikeville 19
(08-30-2022, 10:59 PM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:
(08-30-2022, 01:45 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 05:39 PM)Truewords Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 05:00 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 04:21 PM)Truewords Wrote: I can’t see this staff worrying if Boykins quits. He is not a piece that if lost you shut down talk of state championship. 2nd if they thought Duty gave them better chance to win he would be in there. 3rd if they brought 8th grader to Pikeville to play QB for the future then they don’t have faith in Duty going forward. This may be a bigger problem next year when all 3 are wanting the job. This may turn into a case of can they keep everyone happy and parents in check.
I don’t think Pikeville “brought” in anyone to be qb of the future. Now he may have transferred here from another school but not recruited to Pikeville. Idk the kid but if he’s good enough to start as a true freshman he will but that doesn’t have anything to do with Pikeville this season. Pikeville will have a lot to replace after this season.
Have no idea of reason kid is there but if you don’t think schools bring kids in at the middle school level then look no further than D&D posts weekly. Or just look at your middle school basketball team. They All do it. Let’s just not act like doesn’t happen
If you are letting D&D serve as your narrative, then that is your first mistake. HAHA.

Here's the cold hard truth.

Most of these transfers are not a school "bringing them in" but instead a family choosing to move their kid. 

Now the motive for why a family chooses to move their kid we can debate all day. Some are legitimately trying to do the best thing for their future, some are only concerned with playing time as fast as they can get it, and some are for selfish reasons that has less to do with what's best for their kid and what's best for their reputation. With that said, that's their clowns and their rodeo to sort out.

I am not saying that there aren't people or programs who don't turn the light on and roll out the red carpet, but what I will say is what people think is "recruiting" is typically nothing more than a family decision so they can see their kid playing and/or winning most times.

D&D.. bless their hearts... doesn't make things better. The nicknames, gossip mongering, and loose wording in the posts they use only hurts more than it helps. I am sure at their heart they just want to promote kids form the area, but what they have done is basically create a platform for these parents who are always looking for the ego boost through their kids, to have the chance to get that attention they are starved for through social media. Not every 7th Grader is a "phenom" and not every QB from a 1A school is "The next big thing" or a "sure fire D1 prospect". It just gets more clicks to say they are.

Having lived in Georgia... what people think is "recruiting" up in KY is hilarious when you see what really happens at some of these big boy programs down here  in the South where the Head Coach is making 250K in salary alone and where Power 5 schools stop as a routine route every week. Study up on Buford, Colquitt County, Grayson, Valdosta, and some of these schools where 5* players just "happen" to end up and seeing a kid's family move from one side of a river to the other or seeing a kid transfer in middle school and driving from a county over seems pedestrian.
Top 10 in Academics in the State, Nearly every sport competes at either a Regional, State, or National Championship Levels….Yet, according to some, we have to pay people illegally to come to school here?!?! Their logic is flawed on so many levels, I wouldn’t know where to even begin….
Exactly!

(08-30-2022, 01:23 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: Has anyone on here seen they pass which is on Twitter and was called incomplete and it definitely was backwards pass that Hensley from Pikeville pick up and ran  a touchdown one of the worst calls I seen so far this year but as always my GO PANTHERS!!!
Yep. See page #2   post  #39. Agree, one of the worse calls I've seen in football....all levels.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Covington Catholic 27 Pikeville 19 - by Spud6 - 08-27-2022, 10:51 PM
RE: Covington Catholic 27 Pikeville 19 - by Spud6 - 08-27-2022, 11:04 PM
RE: Covington Catholic 27 Pikeville 19 - by bo67 - 08-28-2022, 08:47 PM
RE: Covington Catholic 27 Pikeville 19 - by Spud6 - 08-28-2022, 09:39 PM
RE: Covington Catholic 27 Pikeville 19 - by Big Five-0- - 08-30-2022, 11:26 PM