Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor County @ Corbin 8/05 (Scrimmage)
(08-06-2022, 05:50 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Sam marple has really put taylor in such a spot. A lot of the previous successes at Bell are contributed to him and now he has his team in one hell of a spot going into year 4. Hope they can shock a lot of people and make a huge hit in 3A.

I’m not getting the feeling from the people on here that Corbin had the best showing or maybe as good as they should’ve? Is trouble stirring or has the red hound faithful become surprisingly humble

Sam has a nice team. I see them in the thick of it in November...

Now as far as my opinion on what I saw, I gave it. Wasn't enough there to go with. I personally don't like a scrimmage where not much is going on but looked more like Corbin coaches was trying to figure out who was going to play where honestly. Unlike last year, they had it worked out already but this year with all the rain and no camp to figure it all out I guess this was the time to do it against a live team. QB situation was a shocker really, I can't believe we are this close to the Pigskin and they don't have that part lined out and working on the offense. So honestly we are behind. I personally don't like being behind because then you are scrambling to put stuff in and learning on the fly. So thats what I saw. But as far as having talent and big plays, Corbin had plenty themselves. 

As far as Taylor County winning...... I would have posted it if they won they did do good. Thats a good looking team. But Corbin was better IMO comparing the two teams as far as a contest. But give Taylor there credit, they scored and scored plenty. But it would have been a high scoring game Not much defense honestly. Defense wins championships and it all goes back to a coach willing to make adjustments and watch game film.............. 
Messages In This Thread
RE: Taylor County @ Corbin 8/05 (Scrimmage) - by Bull got out! - 08-07-2022, 12:00 PM