Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Ashland self-reports possible recruiting violation to the KHSAA
(06-20-2022, 06:02 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(06-19-2022, 11:11 PM)Fanman Wrote:
(06-19-2022, 11:03 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote:
(06-19-2022, 10:58 PM)Fanman Wrote: SocratesKy
GOREDDEVILS

If nothing comes of this, then shame on Ashland administration, and shame on KHSAA. Also, Coach Mays will be like Johnson Central football, nobody will schedule him. All the non district 16th region teams except for 2 I believe have kept him off the schedule for next year.

If Russell keeps Ashland, it will be because they are a heated rival.
Beating them last season helps. Also, fun fact, Coach Mays emailed all the referees personally after that loss last season to tell him how bad they were. True story.
I find that hard to believe. That’s not his personality whatsoever. 

I was not going to post again but a few of you guys just keep going on and on and on….
You’ve tried your best to make the coach appear to be some big over the top recruiter that can’t win without doing that, when it truth he has not recruited a single player since he came to Ashland. The first year he coached he won the region and one game at Rupp with zero transfers. The second year Porter transferred in on his own, no recruiting. The third year the Marcum boy’s parents moved to Ashland from West Virginia. I think one of the was one the medical profession and worked at the hospital. No recruiting there, just parents moving and working. The Carter kid came from Greenup from 8th grade. No recruiting there. And 8th graders at the time could transfer legally anywhere they wanted and evidently he wanted to be at Ashland. The fourth year James Mayor transferred from Bath County. So, in Coach Mays’ first four years he had 4 transfers. Yes, only 4, and average of ONE per year, much less than most schools around the state. I think Clark had more than Ashland’s total of 4 in one year alone. This year, coaches’ 5th, the DeBoard kid transferred from Boyd. I’m sure the young man and his parents had their reasons for transferring but I can guarantee you that he was not enticed or recruited into Ashland. 95% recruiting allegations are are baseless. As I have mentioned before, if a program is successful in sports and a school is successful academically they are attractive to parents and students. Just because parents move their kids from one school to another is not always recruiting. Matter of fact, it seldom is. 
As for the dad calling Mays about his son, well, about any coach in the state will most likely listen to what a parent of an 8th grader has to say if said parent is shopping his kid around. As we all are aware, at the time of the phone call 8th graders were not regulated under KHSAA transfer rules. That will change June 30. I know if it had been me in my coaching days I would have definitely spoke with the fellow and listened to what prompted him to make the call. That’s not recruiting. That’s hearing out a parent talking about possibly transferring his kid. Big difference.

Just a question, but have you heard the recording?  If not, what are you basing your assumptions on?
Messages In This Thread
RE: Ashland self-reports possible recruiting violation to the KHSAA - by SocratesKy - 06-21-2022, 01:23 PM