Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Ashland self-reports possible recruiting violation to the KHSAA
(06-05-2022, 10:51 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote:
(06-05-2022, 06:27 AM)SocratesKy Wrote:
(06-04-2022, 11:30 PM)Mountain Sports 007 Wrote:
(06-04-2022, 11:27 PM)SocratesKy Wrote:
(06-04-2022, 10:59 PM)Mountain Sports 007 Wrote: Hard to believe he recruited, if the parent called him sounds like to me he was trying to sell him. Who knows his auto warranty may be about to run out. People gets calls, not fair to call and not let them know it was a recorded line to me.
"hard to believe he recruited"....Ashland brings in fresh faces every year, it's hard for any reasonable person to believe he didn't recruit.
Is it recruiting if the parent contacts them?
According to KHSAA it depends on the actual conversation, and if the coach tried to recruit a kid/parent from rival school to come play over kids currently enrolled at the school.  The call originator is irrelevant.  

it’s a recorded conversation, so the answer should be black and white.  Release the recording if he is innocent.
Is it legal for a Coward to call and bait someone?  (Record them without their knowledge of it?) Then try to use it for defamation of character and threaten his job.  Sounds premeditated and malicious to me.  I am pretty sure it is a KHSAA violation for the parent to call the coach as well.  
Does anyone know the rule on that?
How is that not entrapment? Is it true start next year there portal for high school athletes?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mountain Sports 007's post:
  • Appalachian Cat
Messages In This Thread
RE: Ashland self-reports possible recruiting violation to the KHSAA - by Mountain Sports 007 - 06-05-2022, 11:04 PM